CairnTalk

Bad Dog, Ruffy!

sanford

We were having our usual stroll in Central Park yesterday, with Ruffy on squirrel patrol, (on leash, of course) when I realized that a woman was bearing down on us with a very determined stride, gesturing and shouting, but I couldn't make out what she was saying and assumed it was just another one of Ruffy's many fans, coming to tell me how cute he was, but instead, she got in my face, angrily scolding: "I could hear your dog barking, clear across the park!" (The park is 2 1/2 miles long and 1!2 mile wide)! Too absurd and silly to take her seriously, but just for the fun of it I couldn't resist responding: ":censored:"!

Oh well, just another ordinary, hum-drum day in The Land of the Peculiar.

Edited by sanford
  • Haha 3

FEAR THE CAIRN!

The world is full of idiots.....especially those individuals that don’t care for animals. Never met a person I liked that didn’t like animals, especially dogs! I think I would have told her that I could hear her ranting from across the park...🤬

• Haha 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Heaven forbid that Ruffy should become vocal in the great outdoors!  Haven't you taught him to sit nicely with his paws folded while in the park?

The woman who accosted you needs a muzzle!

• Haha 3

Brodie, who won't bark or even react at a rat in an earthdog cage, goes ballistic when he sees a squirrel on our walks - sounds like he is being murdered, torn to shreds, screeching like the end of the world is near!  He has a HIGH pitched screech and can be heard for quite a distance!  I always wonder if animal control will be called on us one of these days!

• Haha 3

Pepper's Mom

There’s a section of our favourite off leash walk where Gus likes to run and bounce off the trees barking his head off. If anyone looks at me askance I say, “I told him he could use his outside voice.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Idaho Cairns

Sanford, you are living in the Big Apple which has the rep of being a place of sophistication not sophists.  Poor Ruffy having to see his Dad reamed out for a perfectly normal New York behavior!
Next time this comes up you need to go into your best Travis Bickel routine --- "You talk'n to me?"  You talk'n to me?"  "You talk'n to my dog?"
Now, need you to get in front of the mirror and practice that routine--Ruffy needs your support.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Of course, you and Travis are right, Idaho... We sure aren't in Kansas anymore, are we, Ruffy?

• Like 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Along the same lines as the crazy yelling at Ruffy....we were walking the dogs today on a new route[trying to avoid ice as much as possible] and it happened to be garbage pick up day. Sam happened to lift his leg, dropping a few sprinkles on a garbage  bag...not a garbage can because we don’t allow that, but a bag of plain old garbage . A woman comes flying out her front door berating us for allowing  the gross and disgusting thing of having a dog pee on her garbage! We stood there stunned for a second as she continued on with her rant, whereupon my DH said, well lady do you want me to scoop it up. I was so angry at her obvious dislike of dogs that I turned around and told her to get over it!  I am pretty sure that there are far more hideous things in garbage and garbage cans than a few sprinkles of pee.🤬 

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I'll be ready for the next meddler who dares to criticize Ruffy: "Where did you park your bicycle, Miss Almira Gulch?

th.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!