CairnTalk

I think I am all growd up mum.

Sam I Am

Sam will turn two in April...can’t believe how the time flies. True to Cairn nature I thought he would always be naughty..stealing items of tables, us chasing him around the house yelling drop it drop it...eating things he shouldn’t followed by frantic trips to the vet (x3) after he ate something I thought would kill him..it never did. Although still very mischievous (I hope that never stops 😋) he has matured into this wonderful companion who for most part stays out of trouble. A sweet, affectionate and kind boy. To those who are going through the pains of puppyhood with all that a young Cairn can throw at you...take heart it too will end...kind of. 

57036865-3630-4C30-B913-8C70A59A0BF0.jpeg

B7B00E23-023F-48AB-A751-735F8D1990D3.jpeg

• Like 8

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Loved those photos -- typical "cairn" house, with the cairn pillow and dog blankets on the couch.  They should do a "lifestyle" magazine for cairn owners! We all look much better, I think, than the homes shown in the decorator magazines...I am always imagining how the dog bowls would look on the floors of those kitchens...

And now, with Angus in our lives, wondering how the kitchen and dining room might look without the dog gates, the toys strewn everywhere, and the rags for pee mop-up on the stepstool.  Glad to hear I can plan for the day when that will change and little Angus will be a lovely yet rascally companion.

Right now, I would just like him to lose those needle-sharp teeth!

Will post another movie of him playing with Oban when I get this figured out...

Way to grow, Sam!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kathryn said:

-- typical "cairn" house, with the cairn pillow and dog blankets on the couch.  They should do a "lifestyle" magazine for cairn owners! We all look much better, I think, than the homes shown in the decorator magazines...I am always imagining how the dog bowls would look on the floors of those kitchens...the dog gates, the toys strewn everywhere, and the rags for pee mop-up on the stepstool. 

Affirmative, Kathryn... Here are some collectibles and paraphernalia from our "cairn" house. Cropped carefully to omit the wonderful mess of toys 'n stuff strewn about the place!

It would be nice to see what others have to show! (Hint, hint)❗

1) Bookends:

Bookends IMG_1343.JPG

2. Ruffy, Carrington and a Ceramic Teapot:

Kitch wall IMG_1326.JPG

3. Ruffy's Squeeze Toy: "RUFFS":

Liv Rm Ruffs Pillow IMG_1308.JPG

4. Ceramic Cairns from eBay, U.K.

bathr shelf IMG_1352.JPG

5. Miniature Cairn + Fridge Magnet:

kitch clock wall IMG_1328.JPG

6. Portrait of Carrington:

IMG_1356.JPG

Edited by sanford
  • Like 4

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Cairns and Scottie’s .Totally loving the hint Sanford.🤗

Just a few reminders who is and was very important in our house.💕

7CB5AFEB-A460-40F4-B285-96BA6FB86206.jpeg

D2FA9956-AB92-4772-BBF8-73352535825F.jpeg

841BD85C-759E-4BF7-9827-4C2342ECDFAA.jpeg

F985D73E-1D4A-4F96-AF1B-599150C36CBB.jpeg

Edited by Terrier lover
  • Like 4

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Per your request, Sanford. But not everything -- gotta keep some secrets! Fireplace mantel and hallway displays here...

And one shot of the kitchen -- so you can see why I won't be in a decorating magazine -- and the reason I don't care if I am! Puppies are such fun!

20190110_152008.jpg

20190110_152029.jpg

20190110_152118.jpg

• Like 7

Wow! Thanks, everyone... An embarrassment of cairns!

Bradl - It was easy to guess that you would outdo us all, and you did not disappoint. (I noticed the "Cookie Cutter Cairn" in the right side of your display case. I bid on a cutter just like it on ebay, but lost out, (Maybe to you)? But that's OK... I never baked a cookie, and probably never will, even though it would have been nice to have.😞

• Haha 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Our house is essentially the same, pictures, pen and ink drawings, statuettes, and, sadly, muted pottery jars with collars around them (we keep 'em close that way).  Not only do we have shared interests in these wonderful little dogs, we have similar decorating interests--cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Grown up at two?  Gosh that is good going!  Ivy is almost four and still has moments that make we wonder if she is still a puppy!  But have to say 85% of time she is good and she has not destroyed the toys still got at Christmas yet!

• Haha 1

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

On 1/10/2019 at 2:01 PM, bradl said:

Decorating with Cairns :P   IMG_0235.jpg

Collecting/decorating can be addicting!!!! 

With the addition of our new Cairn, 19 month old Katie, we decided to divest ourselves of the 40+year collection of Westie treasures. As we are retired and in our 70s "it was a good thing" to start the process of tidying up ala Swedish Death Cleaning meets Kondo's The Life Changing Magic of Tidying up. Resulted in 2 car trunk loads of donations to Westie Rescue's fund raising auctions.

One item not going is this large Dicksee etching "Footsteps" bought because of the Westie but now enjoyed because of the Cairn that is reminiscent of our Katie.

Happy collecting!

footsteps2.jpg

• Like 6

LOVE all the cairn stuff. Alas I never was a collector except of books which have now gone to terrier and retriever folks to keep or auction for rescue and other needy dogs.

Sam you look fantastic pretending to be 'all growd up". :lol::evil:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

And more than a month later: When looking for photos of Angus to post for ProvidenceCairn, I came across these additional collection photos I had taken and not posted.  So true confessions: I have a lot of cairn stuff.  This isn't all - there are little Wade cairn and other porcelains and cairn pillows too.  I think I am totally off-the-charts and definitely totally in love with cairns.....but that's a good thing, right?

Oban's portrait, various dog pins, and some of the old terrier pottery planters on our screen porch (this is only half of them):

Oban painting resized.jpg

Dog pins.jpg

20190121_160700_resized.jpg

• Like 2

All those little urns  are so touching Brad. A reminder of how much each dog meant to us and always remain in our hearts. When I cross that rainbow bridge myself all previous urns will mingle with my own ashes. Who says we leave this earth alone...not me!🥰😉

• Like 1