CairnTalk

Up town coats

Sam I Am

Thanks, D.P. Dog bar.com turned out to be an interesting site with unique products. I spent much too much time looking at all the designer beds, coats, sweaters, etc! I agree that the Rembrandt bowls you mentioned, look really cool! (My personal favorite is the Dog Bone Bowl). In his younger days, I would have created a wish-list for Ruffy from all the tempting items, but at this stage in our lives, he has enough stuff for 3 dogs!🙃

Edited by sanford

FEAR THE CAIRN!

My Rocky and Gus both have a Billy Wolf coat. They are not waterproof or leather. Both coats are plaid wool with a velvet like lining for the really cold day walks. I have been pleased with their quality, but agree they probably don't need a coat but they look really cute in them. If you sign up for their E-mails they will send you a 40 percent off coupon code every once in a while.

• Like 1

My dog class person has us feeding our pups, out-of-hand.

All of this talk about these cute bowls has really made me feel sorry for my Toto -- he has inherited everything he has.  He has a bowl, his crate, leashes, and collars, cute clothes -- my favorite is a sleuth-style raincoat (think::Sherlock Holmes) -- and lots and lots of cute harnesses, which he continually fights, until he gets it near his mouth, and then locks his jaw on, biting until he ruins it.  Probably ticked-him-off when bringing him home, I told him he had some large harnesses to fill.

Oops . . . the topic, I believe, was coats.

Both boys have an assortment of coats, bought on-sale for years, and now hand-me-downs for these two.  I really like the beautiful wool coats I have gotten -- they are the boys' cold weather, dress-coats.  I'll have to get George to take photos -- Rupert's is a beautiful royal blue that looks great against his Weimaraner coat, and Toto's is red wool with black collar.

Rupert has a ski-jacket style coat for the cold months, and snow, and Toto has sweaters, which I surmise if he hates harnesses, he is going to also dislike turtlenecks. He has one mock-sheepskin coat for heading out into the snow, on the rare occasion we have some.  My favorite little article is a thug-style faux leather vest with metal studs that never fit his predecessor.

Toto, with his harsh outer coat and insulting undercoat, probably needs nothing, but Rupert seems to appreciate his.  Does seem strange when one considers the Weimaraner was bred to hunt in cold Bavaria.

• 1 year later...

Yes I heard that stainless steel bowls are the best because of the bacteria concern? Not sure if that’s an issue.

Edited by Otis’s Mom