CairnTalk

Meet Cookie

sanford

My cousin and his wife just adopted Cookie, a 10 year old cairn. Ruffy and I will meet Cookie at family Thanksgiving dinner. I don't have much info yet, but will give more details and pix when I get them. So far it's all good news. My cousins are experienced dog owners and have always successfully adopted adult dogs over the years. Cookie looks very handsome and is laid back, affectionate, good with cats and other dogs. He will have a good life with them in suburban Westchester County, NY. They tell me Cookie loves the outdoors and is impervious to rainy, chilly weather... A true cairn!😀

They never owned a cairn before, so I'm looking forward to bringing them up to speed.

IMG_0908.JPG

IMG_0904.JPG

Edited by sanford
  • Like 5

FEAR THE CAIRN!

How wonderful Sanford...a friend for Ruffy.💕

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Good looking fella wearing a good looking cairn coat! Enjoy your new life Cookie and have fun with cousin Ruffy (we hope!).

• Thanks 1

Cookie looks fabulous -- amazing how, even well into old age, Cairns age so gracefully.  Love Cookie's coat.

Congratulations to you cousin and his wife.  My experience with my first Cairn, also adopted at about age 9-10, afforded me the best relationship I have ever had with a dog.

• Like 1

Congrats on the new family member! A cairn at 10 is a sensible and well-behaved companion -- I think Cookie will be a wonderful dog for your cousin.

• Like 3

cookie is too adorable, i'm jealous you get to meet him, and i am so happy for him and for your cousins. first cairn?  okay... they are lucky they have you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1