Sign in to follow this  
bradl

A note for subscribers

bradl

A note for subscribers

This new version supports a simplified subscription model.  In the old version I had to use the "online store" feature to simulate site subscriptions. I will be converting currently active "store product" customers (that's you, CairnTalk subscriber :)) to the new subscription model.  So far as I understand it you do not need to do anything at all. If anything weird happens as a result I will investigate and ensure all subscribers are properly enrolled.

I really don't know what will happen when the renewal period next comes up so we'll be on that adventure together. Likewise, since this is the first time I've set this feature up, it may take me a few tries to get it set up properly. Thank you for your patience as I bumble my way through the setup and conversion.

A note about the subscriptions 

Our site for some time now has used full SSL for site security (that's the green padlock icon in your browser indicating encryption between browser and site). That has increased our monthly hosting cost by $5/month. New Sponsor-a-Month subscriptions (and presumably renewals) will reflect the new cost. The Dollar-a-Month subscription remains unchanged. There is also a one-time donation capability for anyone needing to dispose of a windfall :P.

I hope subscribers feel good about supporting the site — I certainly feel deep gratitude and warmth that anyone finds this site worth their time and support. Your participation is the meal; your support is dessert :cake: 

CairnTalk is and remains free

I do want to emphasize for anyone reading this — no one should feel the slightest obligation to subscribe. The site is and will remain free for as long as I am able to support it financially, physically, and emotionally :w00t: 

sanford

Hats off to you Brad... This valuable, unique site is worth every penny/dollar, and more!❤️

Edited by sanford