CairnTalk

Forum Updated - Bug Reports Here

bradl

The forum was just upgraded by one major revision and several minor revisions. I have been derelict in my maintenance duties :P 

As the major portion of upgrade seemed to complete more or less successfully I have turned the forum back on for use and live testing.

I have done a lot of customization in various corners of the forum in the past and as a result it often takes a while to find things that did not survive an upgrade intact. If you find something that seems wrong or clearly broken, please let me know in this topic. Ideally, paste a link to the page showing the issue or provide a description of what seems wrong. 

There are some add-ons that still need some attention  — for example the member map add-on application seems to have eaten all our markers so I have turned if off for the moment until I figure out my options. 

You will see some instability (or temporary offline status) as I work on some of these add-ons.

Thanks for your patience and understanding during this stressful time.  

• Like 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

• bradl pinned this topic

Thank you Brad for keeping our Forum up and running..so much great information and stories.👍

• Thanks 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

On behalf of everyone here, thanks for the upgrade and for your constant maintenance, Brad. This site has become so important to us and our cairns. Without it, I never could have developed such a wonderfully broad* knowledge and appreciation of this special breed.

*Forgive the pun!😜

Edited by sanford
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The monthly competitions page used to show the number of votes as they increased for each entry. Ever since the upgrade, these are never shown anymore, so I can no longer track the progress of the entries throughout the month.

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Thanks, I'll poke around and see if there's a new setting I missed. 

I noticed it too and assumed it was just a decision the developer made when he updated the application for this new version. In a way I like it as it makes me less sad than knowing so few people have voted. :cry: 

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support

I share your feelings re the low participation in the photo contest. It baffles me because I know most folks like to see pix. At any rate I like to see the no. of votes as they come in. It keeps it interesting- at least for me.

FEAR THE CAIRN!

• 4 weeks later...

I am unable to sign in on my iPad. The site no longer offers me a prompt for this. When I manage to get to a page that asks me to sign in, it tells me that my email and password belong to another user and I’m rejected. Also, there is a box at bottom of page asking to accept cookies. It is already always checked off and when I click on it nothing happens.

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Thanks for explaining, that helps a lot. I do access the site a lot on my ipad so let me log out and in etc. and see if I can find replicate this. Meantime, if you try another browser (Firefox, Chrome, Brave, Opera, etc really any one you don't normally use)  do the same things happen? 

Another troubleshooting idea is to clear Safari data (assuming you use Safari on IOS). https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265

We'll get this sorted!

Hm, I just logged out and in on iPad/Safari. The accept cookies and login dialogs behaved as expected. That leads me to be suspicious that clearing the cache might be the way forward. I have noticed that whether it's IOS or my ISP network that caching on my iPad seems very stubborn and sites sometimes don't seem to refresh/update as fast as they do over on my desktop.

IMG_0120-2.png     IMG_0121.PNG 

Let me know what happens after clearing the cache. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. I worry when there might be something broken and I can't find or fix it. Never be shy about reporting things; sometimes they just are what they are, but sometimes they really can be adjusted and I would surely like to remove as much friction for participation as I reasonably can. 

Probably won't make you feel any better but I spent most of last night and most of this morning tearing what's left of my hair out trying to figure out what gremlin was killing my wireless in the house. I have A LOT of home automation that requires wireless so it was killing me. Now that I found and fixed it, I'll have to try and remember what I did the next time it happens. And there is *always* a next time :(