CairnTalk

Long Weekends & Test Results

bradl

Holiday weekends are not great for tests requiring third-party interpretation.

Stella's wobbling around recovering from the anesthesia from a mass removal. We took Stella in on Wednesday to have a couple of warts looked at, none of which concerned the vet. However a lump on her butt which we hadn't even considered an issue did concern him. 

We'd been told by a different vet (at the same practice) when we originally asked about the lump that it was almost certainly a lipoma common with old dogs and not to worry unless it got so big it bothered her. However when I mentioned it in passing at the end of our wart visit our usual vet didn't like the feel of it and aspirating showed it was a blood-filled tumor of some sort. So we left the warts as beauty marks and went back today to have the mass removed and sent for reading.

Given the long weekend we won't have histopathology results until mid or late next week most likely. It'll be a long dang weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

thoughts with you. in view of the long weekend you can only keep the most objective facts in mind. sounds like the tumor has been around a while but has not increased radically in size. most tumors are benign. been where you are, think good thoughts, stella takes her cues from you  as you know. hope you get encouraging news very soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I can commiserate with you, waiting for test results. My heart always sinks when I'm waiting for a diagnosis for Ruffy, (or for myself), to discover that a long holiday weekend will intervene to delay the response.

So I'm waiting along with you Brad, as are other folks here, hoping for good news!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Thanks for the effective thoughts all.  The vet called confirming it was a benign hemangioma, completely excised. 

4f211e34-f0a8-4ad4-b294-4aadf9aa76b7-3fb 

Stitches out next week and we'll be calling her FrankenButt for a while :P So relieved.

• Like 4

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Guest dog person
17 hours ago, pkcrossley said:

whirling tail means good things. she knows she is going to be alright. 

Definitely a good sign.    Funny , but this made me remember a few years ago when my cairn was recovering from some type of a virus, he was on medication and sleeping a lot,  my vet called to ask me how he was doing?

I remember telling the vet that even though my dog did not lift up his head when I approached him and spoke, he would wag his tail a mile a minute to let me know he was okay.     And he was, after a few days of rest :-)

Edited by dog person