CairnTalk

Happy 10th Birthday, Kirby!

kjwarnold

I’ve mostly been lurking on and off lately; we’re busy getting our Lake home ready to sell and moving full time to our farm.  We did have time to celebrate Kirby’s 10th birthday.  It’s been really hot so after a trip to Petco to see the mice and rats, we went to our local frozen custard stand and he got a free pup cup.  Phinney benefitted from this celebration, too.  Later in the afternoon when there was more shade on the dock, he spent some time watching the duck family beg for food.  There was no hesitation when I asked him if he wanted to jump in, he ran right over and made a perfect 10 dive into the water.  It was a good day to be a dog at our house!

The first two pics are Kirby on his birthday, the third is Kirb and Phin in the middle of a wrestling session.  They always freeze when I get out the camera and look at me like, “What?”  Then they go back to wrestling.  

8DD79652-4DE4-4E6A-BB84-D55ADF98AB0F.jpeg

CF5DA4E7-E78A-434B-B0B1-91C373DE99E4.jpeg

4CA991FD-D51C-49F9-BB09-275119FE2A5B.jpeg

• Like 8
Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Happy birthday, Kirby! Looking wonderful at 10!

Did you get to bark at those mice and rats?  Oban has the rodents with furry tails out the window, and he lets the world know they are not supposed to be there.

And a cone too?  Pretty great day!

PS - hope you have a pond at your farm so Kirby can go swimming and chase ducks!

Enjoy your day, Kirby!  You're as handsome as ever!

P.S.  Nattie says she could go for a mature man like you.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday Kirby! You and Phinney had a good day. You both have that What? look.  Priceless pose. Help your mom and dad move. You can carry their socks when they aren't looking.

• Haha 5

My heart just melts when I look at those pics.💕Have an amazing belated birthday Kirby...have another custard cup on me.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

• 4 weeks later...

Beautiful pup's and a great day to remind us what a wonderful addition they are to our lives. Excuse my being tardy for the big day Kirby.

• Like 1

Have you hugged your Cairn today?