CairnTalk

I looked like an idiot, but thanks, Brad

Kathryn

Thanks, Brad, for saving our dog from harm. We arrived in Pacific Grove, CA, last Thursday, where we will spend the next month. (We rent a little house here just a short block to the ocean for a month.) We were unloading the car when Oban charged out the front door.  We called, but he was heading towards the only "sorta" busy street here, just a house away.  Steve was calling, but he wasn't coming back. I dropped to the sidewalk yelling "ouch, ouch, ouch" and rolled around. He turned, looked curious, and headed back to me at a run. I grabbed his harness, and he was safe again.

Steve was surprised at my ingenuity, and I explained I had read about the technique in a post from Brad on CairnTalk. THANKS!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

This kinda reminded me of a time I was walking Robby in the park. At the end of walks he sometimes becomes stubborn and starts dragging his feet trying to get him to cross the parking lot.For awhile I found that if I would race him I could get him to run.Well this time halfway there he grabbed me by the pant leg ,I tripped and fell sliding across the asphalt.I lay there for a few seconds and he come up to me looking me over really good with a concerned look on his face..until I started to get up then he started doing his little dance he does sometimes when he thinks something is so funny....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've did it as well. I played it up when she came back. I also used the Mamaw's here, got all excited with happy dance. Kelly loves my Mother and because of my children I call her Mamaw too, so that is what Kelly knows her by. She gets so excited when Mamaw comes to see her. haha