Sign in to follow this  
Terrier lover

Dog food recall site

Terrier lover

I have subscribed  to this site that alerts you to dog food and dog treat recall. I am horrified to see that this particular recall is done because of detection of phenobarbital. A drug to euthanize pets and horses. Which of course means that is what is in their pet food. Disgusting.

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/smucker-withdraws-multiple-dog-food-brands/

tlwtheq

That is stunning!  There is a certain kind of person who will do anything for money, and I think these people qualify!  Makes me glad that DH and I have gotten extremely strict about what our Cairn children eat.  I've never fed any Cairns food from that family of companies...EWWWWWWWWWWWW! I keep thinking about the few Mad Men episodes where this issue was addressed.  Enough said, I think.  (Thanks for the "heads up".)

P.S. - Potomac Cairn Terrier Club was very strict about the adoptions of Nelly and Max with regard to what they should be fed.  We stick with that.

Edited by tlwtheq

sanford

Good for you tlwtheq!:thumbsup:  Can you tell us what the PCTC food recommendations were?

tlwtheq

I was surprised at this, but PCTC hands-down recommends Purina Pro-Plan.  It's not cheap, but it's what they feed their champions, including Nelly before retirement.