CairnTalk

You belong to me...and I can pee!

Sam I Am

So here I was so confident that Sam was completely house broken at 5 months of age. Obviously not totally yet. He has been loose in part of the house with no issues, asking to go potty by standing at the door.  And on occasion upstairs to the bedrooms with no issues. This morning he jumped on my bed sniffed around , jumped off and promptly raised his leg against the curtain. Ahhhhh. I parcelled him off to outside and told him this was the potty station not my curtains! 

Its ok...the curtains are washable and it's just part of growing up and having the occasional  malfunction at the junction.....I hope.🤔

• Like 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

i like brad's attitude a lot. it's not as if we don't have the technology to make up for strike outs. but that sam --he clearly knew exactly what he was doing. he was claiming them, or the whole room, or the whole house including you. nice to be loved, huh?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

i considered Kelly fully potty trained at 4 months, she was a miracle dog to house break. Even at that, about every 3 or 4 weeks she would have a couple of accidents. That stopped at about 7 months. Then if she had an accident something was WRONG.

Sam is doing awesome for a boy dog. I wouldn't worry a thing about it.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, pkcrossley said:

that sam --he clearly knew exactly what he was doing. he was claiming them, or the whole room, or the whole house including you. nice to be loved, huh?

Yep peeing to relieve himself for a cairn, as for many growing boy dogs is one thing  - claiming territory is another - both use the same instrument!

• Haha 1

With Nikki, it was the shower curtains. And once he peed right in the middle of my bed, rather pointedly. He's 12 years going on 13 and I consider him 98% house trained.  He will mark over other dogs inside places like Petsmart, things with strong odors like tied trashbags sitting on the floor while the door is being opened to haul them out. And once he marked a family member's suitcase. Oye dogs... xD Good luck with Sam! I'm glad the curtains were washable and you got the smell out right away. Hopefully he will not repeat that. 

• Thanks 1

I suppose I am very spoilt or just plain lucky as Jock never ever peed in the house. Nor Rosie...but SAM is probably 85% as he knows to go to the door and get my attention . He is just a baby so I am very proud of him. Sam has never peed in his xpen even as a wee puppy, but then we are retired so have all kinds of time to let him go outside to do potty. He has no issues waiting 8hrs to go potty outside after a night of good sleeps. 

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie