CairnTalk

Be still my beating heart

Sam I Am

Will I survive puppyhood...yikes. A very quick trip to the vet today and thank goodness it all turned out ok. 

I was making Jelly in the kitchen and Sam and Rosie were in the family room in full view .He had been playing with one of his plush toys and I just checked to make all was ok...it wasn't. He had chewed off and swallowed the ear off his toy. A quick call to my wonderful vet, a quicker trip down to the clinic,a disk they put in his eye to make him vomit and hurray the cloth ear came up with his lunch. Now the toys will only come out when I am playing with him. Of course there are still rocks, pine cones, bees, wasps and Lordy knows what else out in the yard that seems to be irresistible and delectable for a five month old pup. I never thought I would say this but I hope it snows soon at least than only snow will be out in the yard and by spring  he should be almost grown up .....I hope.😇

• Like 3

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Brodie got nailed by a yellow jacket yesterday - screamed and went down....quit moving!  Lucky for me the vet was still open and we rushed him over.  By the time we got to the vet he was already perking up but he got Benadryl just to be safe and another one this morning.  These puppies are a lot of work!!! So glad everything is OK at your house too!!!

Edited by Pepper Bug's Mom
  • Like 4

Pepper's Mom

That is heart stopping for you and potentially also for Brodie! Yes I run around the yard like some lunatic chasing away wasps as SAM like Jock enjoys the hunt. Two days ago on the deck this ridiculously sized spider ran right under  Sam's nose. He bit it and sent it flying with me running after this scary looking arachnid trying to bash it with my shoe. Sam in hot pursuit! All I can say is that I have grey hair already...wonder if it will turn white before SAM reaches one yr of age. But in some strange alternate world I am having a riot with this flying piece of a hairball.🤔

• Like 3

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Glad everyone is okay now.

Reminds me of when Nikki rejected all forms of dog food for a week... He was franctic, voracious and mouthy with everything (more so than usual) and he had a plotting look on his face like he was imagining me turning into a steak.  I had noticed several of his plastic squeaky balls  were missing. Needless to say, I solved that mystery when I noticed rainbow turds in the yard. The plastic all came back out thankfully.  He ate the fabric ears off several toys too, including one of my plush animals and one of Mom's. Both of those plushies were on our beds and thought to be out of reach for a tiny pup. Cairn pups and teens are tenacious little piranhas. Three years seems to be the magic age when all of the mental warfare calms down, but then they age far too quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's  a hysterical laugh emoji by the way! Yes the wild child (or the beast) has awakened. How can one little furball have so much energy...but then I am grateful he is healthy.😍 

I found one of Rosie's toys that's made out of really tough material...I had to sacrifice its ears and tail . Watching him zone out chewing a leg of it...and me watching him chew the leg like some weirdo helicopter mum!

Edited by Terrier lover
  • Like 1

No wonder that we owners of cairns that we raised from small puppies have more gray hair and frazzeled nerves. Was hectic, but we miss the days when the get  older. Keira, still a handful at age 7

😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1