CairnTalk

Trinity - My Gift of Life

gd4

This morning, my life, my baby, left me. She would be 14 on 10/18. She loved me and I loved her more than anyone in my life. We were a team. I don't know how I will go on but I am having a necklace with her ashes and her hair locks are under my pillow. I am broken. She was the cutest and sweetest girl in the world <3 She loved for me to sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" to her and I would sing, Trini T :) she was my gift of life.

PupT.jpg

• Sad 8

I wish there were words to express my deep feelings of concern for the loss of Trinity. If I could, I would put a supportive arm around you and offer my condolences in person. Just reading about your care and devotion to Trinity told me what special things you both shared. I hope that the love and support of your friends and family will help you through this sad time.

• Like 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

The hole in your heart will fill again. It will take time and at the moment it feels like it will never happen, but it will. Hold on to the happy memories. I am sure that Trinity is signing up for fishing lessons from Packy so she is doing fine. :hug:

• Like 3

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

So sorry about the loss of Trinity. Yes our pets are our babies. We love them so much and they love us back. Like Sanford said I hope your friends and family help you though this tough time.

• Like 2

I am so sorry. We all know who have lost a beloved pet how heart breaking this journey is. We are all here for you.

• Like 3

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I had another Cairn for 16 years, when I had to say bye to her it was the hardest thing I ever had to do...it does get easier, but I can still get emotional if I talk about her for too long- and it's almost 2years ago. I have another cairn now, and that really helps - there will always be a small hole in my heart left behind - these little cairns really dig in deeply. I know the pain, but it will get better with time and another cairn. I really feel for what you're going through- it's not easy.

i wasn't going to get another cairn for awhile, but then I couldn't imagine life without one either.

• Like 3

I'm so very sorry to hear of Trinity's passing.  You must be devastated, understandably.  Remember the fun times; remember the spark in her eyes when you sang to her.  She was indeed a gift that you will always be with you.:hug:

• Like 1

I keep walking around this house today and crying. I cannot seem to stop. I hung her collar up near my bed. After she became so ill at Christmas, I wanted quality time with her. Since that time, I moved her crate to my bedroom and she slept near me each night. I know this sounds crazy but after I almost lost her at the holidays, it was a comfort to hear her snore. The room was empty last night. I asked my husband to move her crate outside today. it just seems so surreal. It all came on suddenly. The ER doc said that even if we had brought her in to our vet before we left on Wednesday, he may have missed this mass and treated her for IBS, which would have prolonged but not fixed the issue. He seemed to think that this would have happened, regardless and only surgery to remove the mass would determined the issue. He noted that it is highly unlikely that she would make it through another one of these surgeries, especially, now that she was septic. I declined an autopsy. I keep thinking of if had not gone away, if we could have gotten her help sooner, etc. Gina

oh no. i am so so sorry for you. we have so many wyas of blaming ourselves at a time like this. so many of us know just how you feel, as you say it is so unreal, so impossible, but also so unavoidable. it is always possible to imagine all the ways we might have avoided this or that, but in a much larger sense there is nothing we can do avoid the laws of time and nature. trinity loved you so much, and she knew you loved her. she is always going to be near you, you probably feel that already. you have to grieve, but you also have to remember how sensitive cairns re to human feelings. trinity wants you to take care of yourself and feel better. she is safe and sound. you will see her again. 

• Like 2

Thank you, all so much. PK, thanks. I pray she is with me. I am just lost without her here. It seems when I was laid off almost five years ago and started working from home, we became even closer. She would sit right next to me in my office. If I went to take a bath, she was right by the door. She sleeps in her crate near me. I am just lost. I hurt so much without her. Thank you. Gina

Lovely dog, so sorry for your loss.  Focus on all those fun years, all that life you shared and try to accept that you did your very best for her.

• Like 1

She is so sweet and cute - it hurts so bad to loose one of these precious little souls.  I gathered Dempsy up just a little bit ago and told him how much I love him.  They just are so easy to love.  So sorry for your loss. RIP little Trinity. 

• Like 2

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

So sorry for the loss of your sweet Trinity. They are so special,make life a pleasure with the love they give. Remember the good time and though it is nearly impossible, don't swell on what you think you could have done betterThoughts. prayeres and hugs go to you 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2017 at 5:42 PM, gd4 said:

I keep thinking of if had not gone away, if we could have gotten her help sooner, etc. Gina

Who, among us has not had similar thoughts in such situations?...None of us is perfect, and as flawed human beings we can only do our best within our limitations. If there is such a thing as loving too much, maybe it comes at the cost of such unbearable pain. Although you might not care to seek it, you can find bereavement support groups on line for folks who have lost their precious pets. At the very least, there is value in being with others who share and understand your grief by having lived with it themselves; at best, such a group will nourish, comfort and even guide you through this sad time.

You and Trinity gave each other such wonderful lives. Blaming yourself for not doing enough or for not acting sooner will only keep you stuck in this sad place. You deserve much better for the life you gave Trinity!

• Like 4

FEAR THE CAIRN!

We all have a special story between ourselves and our pets, and what you are going through now is part of the story of you and trinity. I have had to bear in mind that as unbearable as this is, the thought of changing places --of my pets being left in the world without me-- is more unbearable still. I know my lost friends lived their lives protected amd loved and secure, all the way to the end. This is a very great gift in today's world. My feeling was, as horrible as it is to miss my pets --and my cairns in particular-- better than if they were missing me and helpless. Tiffany is with you and I believe you'll see her again. She's safe. I'm so sorry for what you are going through.

I've

• Like 3

Thank you, PK. I keep thinking if she ingested something or this or that. I worry if she received her food or water in boarding. All these questions keep going through my mind but ultimately, it will not bring her back. I am just devastated. I have to let all of this go. Gina

Edited by gd4