CairnTalk

Sunday is the day

Sam I Am

Mummy blog...continued. (Please ignore this post  if my maternal instincts are driving you batty)

Last night. Excellent. Sam went into his pen, whimpered for a nano second, got told to be quiet and there wasn't a peep out of him till this morning. He hasn't messed once in the house or the x pen. Having said that we do take him outside a lot. The clicker as I have said previously makes commands so much quicker. At least for me. He can be across the yard, I click and he is beside me right away, sits, and waits for his treat. When going potty he looks at me while in the process, waiting for the click so he can have a special treat. It's crazy but it's working.

I am also amazed at Rosie. Rosie since Jock died, has been a rather quiet and somewhat timid Scottie. Sam s arrival has changed that whole scenario. That tail is pointing right up, she charges around the yard like she is queen of the world. Engages SAM in play all the time, and is having the time of her life. At the moment she is looking into his pen and whining because she wants to play. He is having his morning nap after much running around and playing.

One  observation I have noticed is that if he doesn't get enough shut eye he becomes rather naughty. I was reading up that puppies need 19-20 hrs of sleep a day. So what I do if he doesn't go to sleep on his own in the kitchen, I put him in his crate and konks  out right away. 

The journey continues...watching Sam and Rosie becoming the best of pals.

• Like 6

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

1 hour ago, pkcrossley said:

this puppy sounds almost too good to be true. wonder what he is really up to. 

Agree with PK.  There has to be a hidden agenda here.

• Like 2

I know Helen and PK...I thing he is lulling us into a sense of  goodness. Lol  There are signs of a Cairn Terrier ist in the near future. Yikes.

He does  need watching constantly because everything in his mind is chewable!

But really how can this innocent wee face hide evil intent.:evil:

IMG_0744.JPG

Edited by Terrier lover
  • Like 7

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

"But really how can this innocent wee face hide evil intent." yeah, that's what we all say when showing pictures of mauled furniture and gouged walls, crashed fences, broken arms from being dragged down the street, empty cupboards, flat tires, sinkholes. you watch yourself. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, pkcrossley said:

...mauled furniture and gouged walls, crashed fences, broken arms from being dragged down the street, empty cupboards, flat tires, sinkholes. you watch yourself. 

Plus: Nipped ankles and fingers, downed baby gates, unravelled rugs, chewed-through shirt pockets (that formerly held treats), exhumed garden plantings, disemboweled toys by the dozen?...

Vodka becomes your friend?!

Edited by sanford
  • Like 7

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Idaho Cairns

He is merely on a quest to taste, feel, smell, educate himself on his new environment--valuables left in his classroom are the human's errors, not the dog's.

• Like 7

I'm laughing so hard. I'll add a few, holes in sheetrock walls, stolen food, food stolen from the garden, torn screen doors, the dust covers on the bottom of the couch and box springs ripped off. Oh how I miss the puppy days they are so much fun.....

Kelly always liked play with drink bottles, well one of my sons left their Mt Dew (the lid was on tightly, they thought it would be safe) setting on the coffee table. Kelly knocked it off and sunk her teeth in it. Lol  Mt Dew was dripping off the light fixtures, running down the walls, she was soaked and was excited so she was zooming through the house. It took 2 days to get all the sticky stuff off everything. Those were the days...

Yes all of it was our fault except for the hole in the sheetrock, that was the mouses fault for being in the wall.... Hahahaha

• Like 6

Oscars mum, funnily Rosie is not overly concerned about sharing her toys. That picture bring back such fond memories of Jock. Thank you.:wub:

So I am going to leave this thread and start on the blog area in this forum. It's going to be "SAM growing up". If you would like to follow and contribute (if you want) , it will be a tale of a crazy Cairn pup growing up in our house with his very big sister Rosie.

Edited by Terrier lover
  • Like 7