CairnTalk

4 Scotties and a Cairn

sanford

In the park today Ruffy and I came across this unusual sight: 4 Westies being walked by their owner. As you can see, Ruffy, in the forground is just as intrigued with meeting his cousins as I was! In addition to the 2 black Westies, one is wheaten and one is a white Westie... something you don't see every day!

IMG_0793.JPG

• Like 3

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Those black critters aren't Westies..those are Scotties. :wub: 

You can always tell a Scottie because of those long noses, plus they tend to be tanks with short legs.

• Like 3

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Sorry! Of course you are right!:oops: I meant to say they were 2 black Scotties and the other 2 were a wheaten and a white Scottie. Until today, I thought all Scotties were black, but he was the owner, so he should know, I guess. 

Edited by sanford
  • Like 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Actually Scotties come in many colors. brindle, red, black, wheaten, grizzle (silver)but never white.

i love Ruffy's colour!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

• bradl changed the title to 4 Scotties and a Cairn

I am so confused...lol. It actually looks like (to me anyway) 2 black Scotties, 1 wheaten Scottie and one white Westie.:P and one very cute Wheaten Cairn....oh and a partridge in a pear tree!

• Like 4

Idaho Cairns

Well, the real mystery implicit in  this image is why anyone in their right mind would take four terriers of Scottish extraction on a leashed walk, in a city, with other people, dogs, and critters in sight.
As you can see, typical of the genus, one is going one way, one the other, and the other two focused on something else.
Of course, then there's a Cairn to stir the pot. 
it's a wonder anyone in the borough escaped with their ankles intact!

• Like 8

Can you imagine the chaos if a squirrel dropped in to the center of that group?:P

Love to see these fellow Scots having fun together in the park!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Idaho Cairns said:

Well, the real mystery implicit in  this image is why anyone in their right mind would take four terriers of Scottish extraction on a leashed walk, in a city, with other people, dogs, and critters in sight.

Well Idaho... As long as you brought it up, I'll tell you that until this current sighting, the owner was always walking with 5 in tow! I didn't ask him to account for the missing one, not wanting to hear what I assumed would be bad news. Then again, with that many, he might not have noticed that perhaps one got away!:w00t:

P.S. Terrier Lover: The owner insists the white one is a Scottie. Should I tell him he's wrong? Also: "A partridge in a pear tree"? No way!... A Squirrel in a pear tree? For sure!

• Like 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

No perhaps not Sanford....he does have four Terrier (ist's) ready to spring into action. 

All kidding aside if it is a white Scottie it is either part bred or? http://www.stca.biz/index.php/breed/breed-standard if you scroll down a bit it gives pictures and more detail on Scottie coat colours

Edited by Terrier lover
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, hheldorfer said:

Can you imagine the chaos if a squirrel dropped in to the center of that group?:P

Just so you know, Helene - this actually did happen to us some years ago and I wrote about it here on Cairn Talk . I was walking Carrington and felt a whoosh of air against my shoulder as a squirrel dropped from a tree and plopped to the (soft) ground at our feet. It landed on its back and just lay there stunned, as Carrington and I stood there, also stunned. It quickly recovered and took off, with Carrington in pursuit, and me on the other end of the leash. I still get a chuckle from Brad's remark at that time - I think it went something like this: "Oh my! A cairn terrier paradise where squirrels fall from the sky!":lol:

Edited by sanford
  • Like 5

FEAR THE CAIRN!

I can't imagine taking 4 terriers to a park. Kelly as a puppy pulled me to the ground and drug me several feet on my bottom. I think she weighed in at a whopping 8 pounds at the time I weighed a whopping 110 pounds. To think that I actually though I could handle a small dog. There is no way I could handle 4 adult terriers at one time, that gets distracted by a squirrel. :lol:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sanford said:

Just so you know, Helene - this actually did happen to us some years ago and I wrote about it here on Cairn Talk . I was walking Carrington and felt a whoosh of air against my shoulder as a squirrel dropped from a tree and plopped to the (soft) ground at our feet. It landed on its back and just lay there stunned, as Carrington and I stood there, also stunned. It quickly recovered and took off, with Carrington in pursuit, and me on the other end of the leash. I still get a chuckle from Brad's remark at that time - I think it went something like this: "Oh my! A cairn terrier paradise where squirrels fall from the sky!":lol:

Now that you mention it, I *do* remember that!  :lol:

• Like 1

I wish I could find a larger size (or better yet, my original photo).

camille7.jpg

Seven … count 'em, seven.

Camille was the person who kindly invited us to her place to introduce our wee first Cairn Barley to earthdog, using one of her fierce workers as a demo dog. I took a photo very similar to this at an earthdog test in Monmouth Oregon. The main pickle about walking seven Scotties appeared to be the self-weaving leashes :P 

• Like 4

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

:lol: Yes... I think I've seen this circus act -  juggling tennis balls with one hand and twirling a plate on a stick while walking 7 Scotties! Hilarious!

Edited by sanford

FEAR THE CAIRN!