josie&holly

Just to update you

8 posts in this topic

I am still around, look in on the Forum occasionally, and Ivy keeps me busy!  But have been going for various tests/assessment for a cochlear implant as I have high/medium frequency hearing loss and it has now been determined that will get one in two to three months, though it will be a month after the operation when am "activated".  I have had to park Ivy with various friends for several hours when have had appointments and she has proved extremely adaptable and happy to have changes of scene!  I have some friends who are willing to have her when go in hospital which is a relief as do not want her to go to kennels.  It is in situations like this that being on your own with a dog can become difficult.

Here in UK, an implant is funded by the NHS and only get one as an adult, the guidelines to get one are quite stringent.  so am happy to think that will soon hear better!

8 people like this

Good for you Josie. Ivy is  being a good dog, bless her. I have not been around the US or UK forums lately. My back problems prevent me from sitting at the computer desk. Good luck with the implant.

Wishing you the best of luck, Josie... Let us know how things progress!

Hope all goes well!  I'm sure Ivy will  nurse you back to health.:)

Glad you didn't have to kennel Ivy.  Friends are nice to have - God bless them for helping you and Ivy out.  Isn't it amazing how adaptable our little friends are ... a lot better than we are at times.  I hope and pray all goes well with your implant Josie.  :hug:

All the best Josie. Friends are so important and it sounds like you have some great ones!

Wishing you well and a speedy recovery.  So glad Holly is such a trooper!  

Good luck with implant.sure Ivy is being s good girl. Mk