CairnTalk

Request for paw print

Moran

Hello all,

I am new to this website but I've been on a personal quest and I am searching high and low for assistance. Back in May of 2016 my cairnoodle, Buster, passed away rather suddenly from an aggressive form of cancer. I was at college during his last weeks and his health deteriorated within 5 weeks and he was gone. I fortunately was able to say my last goodbyes to him as he was surrounded by the rest of my family. He was a member of our family for 12 years, so I grew up with him. He was my roommate, always sleeping on his bed in my room. I think about him all the time.

So, to get to the reason why I am posting this request; it wasn't until after he was gone that I had an idea of how to remember him, and all future dogs that come into my life. I want to get tattoos (Buster being my first) of the paw prints of each of my dogs where they start on my back and a trail of paw prints eventually leads to my heart. Since I was too late to act to ink a paw print of Buster I ask that if anyone would consider sending an inked paw print of their dog's paw to me, it would mean the world to me. It hurts me knowing it isn't Buster's actual paw print but I am still dedicated to the idea of remembering him in that way. I will pay for any inking materials. Thank you for your time. 

1802.JPG

Edited by Moran

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Buster was adorable and I'm sure you miss him terribly.  It may be a challenge to get a good print from a fidgety Cairn but we can certainly try.  

This would be an interesting project.  I'm wondering if an impression would be easier (and less messy) to get.  Hmmmm.  Anyone else want to weigh in with their thoughts?  

• Like 1

My dog Addie is getting a dental on Tuesday, and my dad is her veterinarian. She's a larger Cairn (26 pounds). I can get him to take an impression of her foot. He actually makes clay paw impressions of all the dogs that pass away at his clinic and gives them to their families. The impression would be something like this: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/pawprints-ornament/1014247874?skuId=14247874&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_pet_&product_id=14247874&adpos=1o1&creative=43742657269&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQiAl4TGBRDhgvmikdHPsdABEiQAtBcc8Agn4R4S8x33sJpfOIDgzSyVw6AkFoYNSyScq5PwXiAaAgq88P8HAQ

Would that be something you could use?

Otherwise, I'll wrestle Addie and get a ink impression on some paper. 

This is Addie, for your reference. Like I said, she's a larger Cairn (26 pounds), almost 6 years old, and the light of my life. 

I'm so sorry for your loss. My Maltese Autumn passed away two weeks into grad school. I'd moved to Northern Ireland to get my master's degree and left her with my parents across the ocean. I never got to say goodbye. Still breaks my heart that Skype was the only way to talk to her those last hours. Having her paw print is a comfort. 

AddieTatteredCover.jpg

• Like 5

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

I've inked paws of my dogs to sign birthday and Christmas cards.  It has been a while, so I'm not sure where the ink pad is at.

• Like 1

Who rescued whom?

@_whits_ Addie would be perfect! Buster was about 26lbs as well! For reference I have attached a picture of something similar to what I would be getting. I'm not sure how detailed of a paw print I could get from a clay impression, but you're more familiar with those than I am. If it wouldn't be too much trouble to ink a paw print that would be amazing! Thank you so much for your quick response!

Puppy-Paw-Print-on-Side-Tattoo-Idea (2).jpg

• Like 2

@Moran I think an ink print would be best for your needs, so the tattoo artist could trace it. I will get some ink prints of Addie's foot this weekend on paper. 

Do you have a foot you'd prefer?

I'll let you know this weekend as soon as it's done and post them up here to make sure they're what you need, and then you can PM me your address. 

• Like 3

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Sorry for your loss. ?  It sounds like you will get what you need from whits.  I do have impressions, but no inking. The impressions were hard enough to get with Tanner. I traced around them with a sharpie & painted them with a red glitter paint. Your tattoo idea is lovely. 

IMG_9814.JPG

IMG_9815.JPG

Edited by beccadiane374
  • Like 3
Becky & Tanner

17 minutes ago, beccadiane374 said:

I traced around them with a sharpie & painted them with a red glitter paint.

Sweet!?

• Like 3

FEAR THE CAIRN!

so sorry for your loss. Hope Whits will be able to send you what you needm By the way Whits, a Vet who makes paw prints of the animals for thier parents is SPECIAL. 

• Like 2

These will go out in the mail tomorrow! Tried to get a bunch so you have options. 

IMG_4065.JPG

IMG_4066.JPG

• Like 8

Good girl Addie! 

• Like 3

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

beautiful thread, and addie is brilliant. when redmon died the hospital offered to make an impression of his paws but i couldn't bear the thought for some reason. addie's is ver proud of her "prints". 

Edited by pkcrossley
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Moran said:

@_whits_Those look absolutely incredible! You and Addie are the best!

I second that thought.  Whitney and Addie are treasures to this forum!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hheldorfer said:

I second that thought.  Whitney and Addie are treasures to this forum!

It's just a very small way of trying to pay forward all of the kindness and support the wonderful people on this forum have given me the past 5.5 years. . . And that was even before Addie's surgery and radiation last year. I would be lost without Cairn Talk and I know Addie's life is profoundly better because of the advice and commiseration you all have given me. 

Edited by _whits_
  • Like 3

Angus and I are so happy Addie is back to livin' life - romping with new buddy and helping share paw prints.......:hug:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...