CairnTalk

Granger

bradl

Granger (Robinsend Unspecified Device CD CAA)  10/1/2005 - 1/7/17. 

g8days.jpg

3 days old.

g4wks.jpg

Peek-a-boo (left)

g10yrs.JPG

At his favorite place, obedience school.

We lost Granger today suddenly and unexpectedly. After two trips in two days to the e-vet his sudden onset inappetence and lethargy was determined by testing and imaging to have been a likely intestinal perforation (whether by object or disease unknown) becoming septic, with surgical prognosis assessed as poor due to its location.  In fewer than 36 hours G's personality and options vanished and the road ahead offered little but pain and suffering.  In a stunned state and after several discussions with a compassionate and patient emergency vet we elected to say goodbye.

If we had known this was even a possibility we would have brought your stuffed bunny to see you along your way. Perhaps you thought of it as you slipped into the comfort of sleep. 

• Like 5

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Oh Brad how dreadful. The pain of sudden loss like this is terrible. I shed a tear for you and am thankful Granger was spared more pain and suffering.

I had a similar experience some years ago. I had a Cavalier who swallowed a hickory nut. These nuts as you may know have a sharp hard pointed end. The end perforated his intestine - no way to save him. Running around normally one day and gone less than two days later.

• Like 1

I am so sorry Brad. How painful the loss of Granger must be especially given It happened so fast, makes the loss even so much harder. I am sure Haggis was waiting for him at the rainbow bridge. Big hugs to you and your family.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Oh what a heartbreak. The unexpected losses, I think, are the worst as you have no time to prepare. I hope the other pups are offering you as much comfort as is possible. Sending love your way. 

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

oh my. i do understand a sudden loss. what a wonderful guy he must have been, and knowing cairns i know he appreciated every day with you, but pretended otherwise. you know all the good things we want to say to you, they are all true. i am so heartsick for you. 

So sorry for the loss of Granger. It happened so fast it is difficult to deal with. Ditto whits, I hope the other Cairns realize something is wrong in the house and do their best to comfort you.

I have no words to explain how shocked and sad I am to hear of Granger's passing.  My most sincere sympathy to you on the loss of this beautiful boy.

I held my breath - and then couldn't let it go.  So sorry to hear about your sudden loss. My heart goes out to you. I know Granger lived an enchanted life in your cairn-centric household - cannot imagine  a better place for a cairn. He has joined your Haggis and my Annie, Allie and T Bone - he is not alone in being missed. So sorry, Brad. Wish you all peace.

So sorry to read this. Hugs flowing to you and your family!!!  Prayers for only good memories, fun and playful times. To go so quick, Granger knew you would remember his bunny. May you look at bunny and remember ALL the GREAT times!!

Oh, I'm so sorry.  What a shock to have something like that happen so suddenly.  I know Granger will be missed but never forgotten.  

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

s

such a sad thing. I am so sorry for you and the others in your wonderful cairn family. thinking of you all and offering prayers of comfort. Keira and Mom

Sorry for your family's loss Brad.  Unexpected loss is so difficult to deal with.  Bless you and think of the perky Granger you knew for so long.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

So shocked and saddened to hear of beautiful Granger's passing. He had a wonderful life with you and a merciful passage to the Rainbow Bridge.

Oh geez Brad.  I am so very sorry to hear this.  Never long enough...

It has been a brutal few weeks...

Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

I am so terribly sorry for your loss of Granger, my heart breaks for you.  Tonight the skies will light up with a brand new shining star as the heavens welcomed home a brand new angel....RIP Granger.