CairnTalk

Possible Anal Gland Removal

beccadiane374

Aw Tanner so happy to hear this news. You are on the way back now little guy. So sweet to give kisses!

• Like 1

What an adorable photo of the two of you!  Can't wait to hear that Tanner is 100% healed and back to his normal activities.  :hug:

• Like 1

So happy to hear that Tanner is doing better, I just love the photo of him giving you kisses, it's precious.  Tanner is one adorable little Cairn and here's hoping that he'll be all healed up very soon. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm so glad Tanner made it through surgery so well and glad to hear he is on the road to recovery. I'm sure it's no fun (for either of you) but hopefully once he gets through the healing process he'll have many years of a pain free little Cairn bootie. He's adorable. 

• Like 2

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

A bit off topic from the original post, but...cairn kisses are pretty common around here ?

Thank you all for the kind words...I think Tanner's pretty cute, too ?

49731AC7-1F25-4CEB-AD71-205944E59E72.jpg

• Like 3
Becky & Tanner

• 2 months later...

So glad Tanner is on the mend.  

I had a German Shepherd in the late 90's who had anal gland problems.  We had them removed, but discovered the underlying issue was perianal fistulas.  The new vet we took him to, since we just moved to a new area, read a study using oral immunosuppressants.  It was expensive, but it worked!  He lived several more years with no problems.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that Tanner has had to go through this but good to hear that he is recovering and giving you kisses!!

• Like 1

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...

We are almost four months post surgery and everything (other than an unrelated eye infection) has been going so well!  He seems to be more comfortable and active and just generally happier.  It was a big decision, but I'm glad we went ahead with it.  :)

• Like 4
Becky & Tanner