CairnTalk

Training Graduation

Ms Molly Mae

Congrats Molly Mae! Hopefully now you can get back to being Thor around the house!

Funny enough, Addie passed her Intermediate class at Petsmart five years to the day that Molly Mae did! 

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

19 hours ago, Ms Molly Mae said:

My husband think they passed her so she does not have to come back.

Haha!  Hey, a pass is a pass!  Congrats, Molly Mae! :)

• Like 3

Molly Mae had her first big grooming today and I think the classes paid off. They said she was well behaved even to the boy dogs. Afterwards she let a little toddler pet her and sat for a treat from him. It was so cute. Thanks for all the congratulations.

Of course she was happy to get back home and tell those squirrels to get out of her yard. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, kieiras mom said:

Cairns are so smart they can do it, if they are in the mood!  

That should be their official tagline. ;)

• Like 3

Congratulations Miss Molly Mae!  You need to tell your mama that after you sat so well for your first grooming session that we all need to see a photo of how pretty you look.....:D

• 2 months later...

Ms Molly Mae here. Mom has been busy with family stuff. Something about my cousin bulldog Kolt having to find a new home. His mom got very sick and went to the hospital. She has not been around sence.  Then there was Christmas. I liked Christmas! I got some new toys and lots of treats. We even went to see a funny man dress in red. I was also dress in red. I looked better than him. 

After all that excitement, Mom started taking me to class ... again. Can you believe that. She is expecting to learn how to walk in a line with other dogs and not bark at them. Yea right, all good dogs bark at each other. After all we have to keep those big boys in line, a Newfoundland and a Husky. Meanwhile, I been working hard those squirrels out of my yard and my neighbor's yard just for good measure. Then there are these little birds go hopping in the garden or in the bush. But the big job is keeping the rabbits out. They are almost as big as me. Here are some pictures...

IMG_0120.JPG

66539ef6-aa63-45bb-bf0b-7b3e0db934af.jpg

• Like 4

Ha ha the expression on her face while being held by Bad Santa...it's "Get  me the heck out of here...PLEASE."

Rosie here Molly Mae, hint,  you only have to be good when there is a treat, because after a while you will teach those silly uprights , no treat no obedience. I have it down pat! For instance, I only ever come in from the back yard when they call CHEESE Rosie! :P if they try to trick me and don't give me cheese, next time I just stare at them. They learn real quick.

• Like 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Sounds like things are going well for you!  And don't worry about that "obedience" stuff.  It's the uprights who need to practice their obedience to US!:P

Buffy

• Like 1

Molly Mae looks stunning in her pretty red, black and white outfit, the color really suits her beautiful coat.  Is it me or has her coat changed color?  In the first photo at the top she has a lot of wheat color in her coat but in these last two photos, her coat looks mostly black.  I just love the changes that a Cairn coat goes through.  Very pretty photos indeed.