CairnTalk

Terriers Gotta love them all

Sam I Am

An interesting article on British terrier breeds.

Rosie here.... This is outrageous ! I am so insulted.... how dare they call me "Dumpy". Hummppfffff :thumbsdown:

Its Ok Rosie, I would call you more , low to the ground, a bit like a Porsche.... well perhaps more like a volkswagon beetle.

http://www.countrylife.co.uk/country-pursuits/great-britains-favourite-terrier-breeds-60983

• Like 3

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I agree, "dumpy" was not a very tactful description. However, the same article also refers to clergyman John/Jack Russell's tan and white terrier bitch named - of all things - "Trump"!?

(Spoiler alert! Not injecting politics here... I'm only reporting what I read)!?

• Like 3

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Very interesting article, Lynn.  Buffy thinks Rosie has every right to be offended by the term "dumpy".  Harumph!

On the other hand, Buffy is getting a bit . . . er . . . *portly* to fit this description:

‘perhaps the most compact canine parcel of all the doggy virtues ever seen’, the jolly Cairn (named for its ability to squeeze into cairns)

• Like 3

However, the author got it right when quoting someone about the Cairn! 

"perhaps the most compact canine parcel of all the doggy virtues ever seen’,"

I certainly can't disagree with that description. 
Thanks for posting the article--I enjoyed it very much.

• Like 4

Pegi also objects to the term "dumpy".  If anything she would refer to herself as "big boned" or "low to the ground" - closer to the treats.

• Like 6

Linda & Pegi