CairnTalk

Finley

Finley

Welcome to the Forum! Finley is adorable as are his pals. The last photo must have included food.:P

• Like 3

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Welcome to the forum!  This is a wonderful place to share Finley's adventures and is full of great advice when you need it - although it sounds like you are a terrier-centric family and have things under control.:)

Finley is off-the-charts adorable!  The photo of the Finley and Oliver on the car ride is a classic.

• Like 3

what an adorable dog. i am so glad you found each other --there are a lot of wonderful six year olds out there but you can imagine they are not the first to get adopted. what a brilliant decision you made. 

• Like 3

Congratulations on your new addition and welcome to this forum!

Finley is an exceptionally handsome cairn an he certainly raises the "cute" quotient of your canine family!

looking forward to reading about the antics of Finley and Oliver...

• Like 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Welcome to the site!  You provide us with another example of how the "fitting in" of rescued Cairns usually go, if we have the patience.  Given the wonderful Cairn personality the start can be a bit rocky but once the lines of dominance are sorted out, Cairns seem to become the most agreeable sort of companion to other dogs.  We see it reiterated time after time.  Cairns are, if anything, the most social of dog breeds, even given their vaunted "independent personalities".   Once they sort out the new relationships they just seem to adjust to what is.
Keep the information coming, we all like pictures of Cairns being Cairns.

• Like 3

Welcome, Finley, Oliver and family! Finley has an irresistible face; maybe that's what broke Oliver on that car ride? It would have broken my resistance immediately. 

We're happy to have you on the forum and looking forward to hearing more about your adventures with terriers!

My five year-old Cairn Addie wanted to say she also has a Shih Tzu cousin!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Welcome! Finley has landed a great family. We look forward to adventures of both Finley and Oliver. Love the pictures especially the "showing off" one. 

Loved that last photo of the three. Such cuteness - all in one place. 

We are a one-dog family now with Oban but we have had 2 together in the past. If we were not traveling so often -  being retired just a few years and still hot to travel, with the dog - I would have 2 dogs in a minute. And I am planning on getting that second one in maybe 5 years,

Two dogs is more than three times as much fun!

Welcome to Cairntalk!

Edited by Kathryn

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

We are just so happy with Finley. He is a joy to have!

We had Finley clipper cut initially, before we knew about Cairn grooming. We are now debating on getting him handstripped to bring back his natural coat. 

The only thing I've noticed with Fin is he has a mild luxating patella. My Vet couldn't get it to pop out manually but Finn will skip every few steps.

• Like 2

You'll find a lot of information on the forum about stripping v clipping if you use the search function. You'll also find all of us here use different methods, especially when our dogs aren't show dogs. 

He's a gorgeous boy and appear to have found a lovely family, both two and four-legged!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Love the "beg bear" pose--seems like Cairns are just perfect for that act--must be those "ample" bottoms they are prone to.

• Like 1