CairnTalk

Thankfully, Peaches is not a cairn!

sanford

About This Forum:

"For posts that are of interest to Cairn owners but are not specific to Cairns. Examples: food recalls, dog politics, canine legislation, disasters...":lol:

sofa peaches page2image376.jpeg

Bad dog! Rescue pup Peaches has destroyed doors, walls, clothes and a £2,000 sofa - but long-suffering owner says she can't stay cross with her because it's 'so hilarious'

She may be small, cute and cuddly, but Peaches the dog could be Britain's most destructive canine.

The one-year-old bijon frise- poodle-bulldog cross* has caused thousands of pounds worth of damage to her owner's home in Warrington, Cheshire - and even chewed up an entire £2,000 sofa in just three hours.

Peaches, who was rescued at three days old by Sharon Johnston, has caused an estimated £5,000 of carnage, munching through clothes, walls, dog flap, the sofa and a lawnmower - forcing the mother-of-two to redecorate her home. 

* IMO, there is a cairn somewhere in that mix !:P

Edited by sanford
  • Like 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Am NOT showing this to Angus. So far he only made a small hole in one chair four years ago. Do not want him toget any ideas from this stunningly powerful destroyer loving every minute of her work.

As to Peaches owner - :o

Edited by Hillscreek
  • Like 2

There has to be a spot in Ripley's for 'most destructive dog ever' and I think Peaches would be a contender.

Not showing this to Buffy either.  She has never been a chewer and I don't want her to start now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sanford said:

* IMO, there is a cairn somewhere in that mix

agreed. bichon frise- poodle-bulldog? maybe. depends on how long she was working on that sofa. if it took her a month, maybe she's bichon frise- poodle-bulldog. if she did between breakfast and lunch, she's a terrier. 

• Like 4

" Peaches, who was rescued at three days old by Sharon Johnston, has caused an estimated £5,000 of carnage, munching through clothes, walls, dog flap, the sofa and a lawnmower"
No way!  This just screams of too much permissive owner--if "Sharon" has had this dog since it was literally born, there is no excuse for this kind of rampaging--terrier or no, this little dog and I would have long since had a "Come to Jesus meeting" where there would have been no couches, clothes, walls, or LAWMOWERS(????) destroyed.  This absolutely speaks the words "Some people shouldn't ever have.....!"

• Like 4

Ummm, nope. I couldn't put up with this.  This woman must have a lot of money to think £5,000 in damage is 'hilarious'. :thumbsdown:

i'm not seriously going to fault anybody who values a dog over a sofa. but i think idaho's right, we are in the realm of unnecessary destruction here (though if she munched through a lawnmower there should probably be some form in international recognition --i think this must mean she got the spewguard or a hose or something). the look on peaches' face says, "can you believe i'm getting away with this?"

mom got her name in the paper, and maybe this was the only way, so good job peaches. as for the redecoration, i guess we would need to see the before and after pictures to make a judgement. 

Edited by pkcrossley

I have had dogs chew stuff before, but we took action. We clear things away, used crates, made huge dog houses ( for a big Lab mix), used Bitter Apple and went through a lot of training.

To be fair, we could not save the inside of the truck when people teased our big lab, Bogie, while we were in Lowes. We were building a house and some days we just did not want to leave on the land all day by himself, so he went everywhere I went. 

Even now with Molly we used the crate, take away stuff that she can chew to pieces, and lots of training. I wish Sharon and Peaches good luck and they finds a good crate!

(By the way, the Truck was a Nissan Truck, because "Dogs Love Trucks ".)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...