CairnTalk

Dempsy's Mom will appreciate this

hheldorfer

Aww, what a lovely story!  See the pics of them looking into each other's eyes...they are in love. :wub::D

• Like 1

I became a vegetarian at age 8 after reading a story about a cow escaping a slaughterhouse and being taken in by a family, where he had his own bedroom in the house. It was the first time I connected the cows I found adorable to the hamburgers I ate. All I wanted for years was a cow inside my home, or at the very least in a barn in our backyard. My father, who transitioned to a small animal veterinary practice specifically because he "got tired of the cows kicking" him, refused to entertain my dreams of farm animals as pets but he and my mom humored my vegetarianism, thinking it wouldn't last.

I still dream one day of opening up a sanctuary for cows and pigs. And Cairns of course. I contemplated getting a pet pig but research led me to discover that they are some of the smartest animals and easily bored and get terribly destructive when they are bored and require either lots of indestructible space or constant supervision. And a cow wouldn't fit on my apartment elevator. So I'll have to wait for my dream pigs and cows unless and until I get my hands on lots of land. And money to feed them.

Sigh. 

• Like 6

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

That was a fun story.  Yup, that animal bonding is a wonderful thing.  Who can read this or see this and not believe in an animals intelligence and compassion?  They understand more than most humans do.  Great story - thanks for sharing.  That little piglet is a priceless friend and Bunny knows it. 

• Like 2

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori