CairnTalk

Grab a tissue before you read this

hheldorfer

So sad but so beautiful also. It's a journey we all take when we are responsible owners. Chuck you got me in tears. I feel about Sammie  like I felt about Packie, just one big family.

• Like 5

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I could not comment last night after I read this and Chucks post. I was crying uncontrollably. The past 2 years has been filled with grief at our house. It seems the passing of humans and pets in our family and on this forum has been almost two much to bear.

I look at Prissy she's so much older than Kelly. She spends a lot of time sleeping, but is still energetic at times. It's hard to believe we have had her for 3 years. She is now 10 almost 11 years old. I can see a very tired look in her eyes. It's hard to explain.I don't won't to see it, but it is inevitable.

Kelly is 5, my my the time does fly. She has been through so many changes since the puppy years. The size of Bonnie, but with mannerisms like Sammi. She is the most amazing dog I have ever had. Very smart and in tune with me. I can't imagine my life without her. I love Prissy and have loved all of my dogs and cat's very much, but Kelly is different and I can't describe why. There is just something special about her. She's my girlie.

I've wept many times for the loss of so many Cairns on the forum. I can't believe how attached to them I am, but yet I have never petted, or hugged them physically, and have never met them in person. These little dogs know how to weave theirselves into our hearts.

It's so beautiful, but with each loss a hole of sadness is left in my heart that can be unbearable at times.

• Like 6