CairnTalk

R.I.P. Packy

kjwarnold

I'm sorry to hear of Packy's passing. As many have said before me I really enjoyed watching and reading the adventures of Packy at the lake and the farm.   

He will be remembered by many of us on the forum and loved by you always. 

• Like 1

So sorry to read this, but Packy must be teaching those that went before us how to fish. He had such great adventures, and brother Kirby will for sure carry the legacy on. Many hugs and prayers for many, many happy memories. :hug:

• Like 1

So sorry Packy has left us. He was a remarkable Cairn. Thanks for sharing his adventures with us. Hugs to you during this painful time. Packy will be remembered as the fisher and swimmer he did so well.

• Like 1

Oh no.....I am so sorry!  I loved to hear and see Packy's adventures fishing in the water...This breaks my heart.  You were a wonderful caretaker for Packy and he was very lucky to have been loved by not just you but all of us on this site...

• Like 1

Pepper's Mom

My heartfelt condolences.  Packy was one remarkable dog.

• Like 1
Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

I knew this day would come but was hoping that it wouldn't be this soon.  I so enjoyed hearing all the stories of Packy's fishing adventures, he was such an amazing little Cairn.  Like all the others on this forum, I am heartbroken for you and your family.  

Rest in Peace little long liner, I hope that you'll be catching lots and lots of fish at the bridge.

• Like 2

A tough time for you, your family and Kirby.  But happy that Packy's wee soul will be in the place that brought him much joy. I will never forget the pictures and videos of Packy saving you and  the little Cairn that loved fishing. Thank you for sharing his life with us. I feel such a part of your grief but also your joy of having had such a wonderful boy in your life.

Edited by Terrier lover
  • Like 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

That picture of Kirby is so sad.  Poor boy.

When you return Packy to the lake he loved, please add a final 'goodbye' from all of us here.  Wish we could be there to say it ourselves.  

Every Cairn who has passed brings tears to my eyes but the loss of Packy was a real punch to the gut that isn't going away anytime soon.  

• Like 3

Give Kirby lots of cuddles from Addie and I. You and your family are being very brave and strong through this process. I'm comforted to hear that Packy will be swimming with his fish in the place he loved. 

• Like 1

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Packy is going where he loved to be. Kirby we send you love and hugs. We know you miss your buddy.

I know how it was for my brother and sister jrt's. We had them since they were 5 weeks old. Brother died at 14 and sister moped for quite a while after even though there were other dogs around. Grief has to be worked through for dogs as well as people.:hug:

I shed many tears upon hearing of Packy's passing, but to read you are going to return him to the lake and the "fishies he loved" really turned on the waterworks. Such a fitting tribute and resting place for him. I'm sorry for your family and for little Kirby. I know you all miss your pal very much.

• Like 2

What a talent your little guy had! It's so amazing and cool how they all have such distinct personalities and gifts. I'm so sorry that you had to say a temporary goodbye to him. I know how painful it can be. If possible, take comfort in knowing he had the best life possible with you. 

"Hey, Moggie!  Have you ever caught a fish?  Let me teach you!  It's fun," is what Packy must be saying right now.  

Im sorry for your loss of Moggie.  It's hard, isn't it?  And why does it feel so quiet?  

• Like 9
Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

• 3 weeks later...