CairnTalk

R.I.P. Packy

kjwarnold

Our gentle, smart and water-loving fishing dog, Packy, lost his brave fight with Hemangiosarcoma.  We're heartbroken and will always miss him.

In tribute, here's a video of what he was famous for:  Fishin' with Packy

image.jpeg

• Like 5
Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Oh no. Our sweet and brave little fisherman. I can't imagine what you and Kirby are going through. Sending love and support your way. 

I will always miss a little Cairn I never had the honor of meeting. Stories and videos of Packy's adventures never failed to brighten my day. 

I hope you can take some comfort knowing how many of us love him, and that he got to spend this summer doing what he loved with the ones he loved. 

• Like 3

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Our hearts are breaking right along with yours.

Rest in peace, little fisherman.  You will be sorely missed.

Sending big hugs to everyone in Packy's family.

Helene

• Like 1

Such a spirit has been lost :cry: I never thought I could have such feelings for a dog who wasn't mine and I'd never actually met, but Packy proved otherwise. Fish on, my Cairn friend. Carry on, my human forum friend. Many hearts walk beside you in support.

• Like 5

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

I watched the video through my tears. 

Packy was such a remarkable little dog, thanks for sharing him with all of his Cairntalk family.

Hugs to you two, and Kirby too.

• Like 1

yeah. i'm so sorry to hear this. right there with you. you did brilliantly, i hope very soon it will be a comfort to you that he knew you did everything for him. 

Dear cairn fisherman friend. How hard to lose you. We know you had every care.

Thinking of Kirby and family and thanking you for sharing him with us.

So sorry to hear of Packy's passing.  The first time you posted about his fishing, I was expecting some sort of joke or staged catch.  But Packy was the true deal.  He was certainly a uniquely talented Cairn.

Who rescued whom?

I was dreading this  day for you,  and I must admit for me and no doubt others on this site.  He was just an amazing wee boy! Who ever heard of a dog that fishes. My heart goes out to you and your family.  I hope Kirby is ok and will provide snuggles for you and your family. Tears here also. Hugs to you.

• Like 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

So sorry Miss Jandy.  Times always come when we lose our loved ones, be they non-human or human.  I'll never forget the video that was posted on your local TV station of Packy and Kirby celebrating the snow.  You might want to recirculate that one so everyone here on the forum remembers.  Oh, and the one with Packy swimming and actively catching fish.  Very sad.  I wish I could hug you and Kirby, :hug:  Love to you and your family.  Tara

You did, indeed, post a Packy fishing video.  Just watched it again..and laughed and cried some.  Bless your heart, Dear One. T.

Edited by tlwtheq
Oops, you did post a video
  • Like 1

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

2 hours ago, bradl said:

Such a spirit has been lost :cry: I never thought I could have such feelings for a dog who wasn't mine and I'd never actually met, but Packy proved otherwise. Fish on, my Cairn friend. Carry on, my human forum friend. Many hearts walk beside you in support.

So agree with this. I have a Love for All on this forum. I can hardly see through the tears to type. My heart is breaking, and I can't imagine how you feel. Bless you all.....

• Like 1

Idaho Cairns

Sure wish there were words that would dull the pain just a little but we know there aren't.  It is so hard to lose one of these wonderful, and inventive, little dogs.  I guess the best approach is to simply resign yourself to the thought of how much better your lives all were with Packy in them.  Love the video so much because it just celebrates so much what Packy was/is and how much fun he brought to your lives.
I'll sure be  sending some cosmic hugs your way the next few days knowing how that pain savages the heart.  Thanks for letting us share your time with Packy. 

• Like 1

All dogs are lovable, but the love for a Cairn seems extra tender somehow, touches a deeper place in the heart. That makes it so, so hard to say goodbye. Blessings and peace to you in the coming days.

I too was dreading this day.  My heart goes out to you, your family and Kirby.  So sorry, but so happy that we met Packy and Kirby too.  Packy had so much fun with you all.  He blessed us all with wonderful memories of his fishing adventures and his great spirit.  Wish we could keep them with us forever, but he'll be waiting for you ... probably will greet you some day with a fish in his mouth.  Thank you for sharing these great little cairns with us.  God bless. 

Demps, Elsie, Lori 

• Like 3

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

My heart is filled with sadness for your irreplaceable loss. Packy was loved by so many and is mourned and missed by all who knew him in life and on these pages.

• Like 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

I am so very sorry. I was hoping you would have a good deal more time with him. Thank you for sharing him with all of us on the forum. I will truly miss reading about all his adventures. May his little soul rest peacefully. My heart goes out to you, your family and Kirby.

• Like 1

Jandy - my tears are flowing with yours. I have so loved the stories of that little dog - who represented the very best of what it is to be a cairn. And I hope he lived to his last with that exuberance. I am sure he loved his life and loved you. What a gift he was.

• Like 1

Packy was special to all of us here. I have said a prayer to my Uncle Leo, whose whole mission in life was fishing, to keep an eye out for Packy. I am sure Packy is going to be ice fishing next. If you knew my uncle you would understand. Packy will be in good hands.

Thank you for sharing Packy with us. Although he will be terribly missed by us he will be entertaining a whole new audience of fans.

• Like 1

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

I like others was dreading reading this news.  My heart goes out you and Kirby as you mourn and yet celebrate the life Packy had.  Packy had a wonderful life and was so talented with his fishing exploits [which like others Ioved to read and see].  Blessings to you as you go  through the coming days.

• Like 1

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

15 hours ago, _whits_ said:

Oh no. Our sweet and brave little fisherman. I can't imagine what you and Kirby are going through. Sending love and support your way. 

I will always miss a little Cairn I never had the honor of meeting. Stories and videos of Packy's adventures never failed to brighten my day. 

I hope you can take some comfort knowing how many of us love him, and that he got to spend this summer doing what he loved with the ones he loved. 

I agree. I haven't been on this forum long been but I have read most of his stories. They made my day. It's heart breaking seeing him go. I'm balling at this moment. I send you love, hugs and blessing for the days to come. 

• Like 1