CairnTalk

Name change

Rylee's mama

I'm thinking about changing Odin's name. I was thinking about bouy, boo for short. Or Friday, fry for short. Any suggestions? Having problems deciding!

I kind of like Odin:P

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I like Odin too.  You can call him Odie for short.  Plus, the little guy looks like he'll grow up to be true to the name.  A little Norse-Cairn god.  :)

• Like 5

I like Odin as well. If you are determined to change his name, how about Boodin (Boo and Odin)? Nah, stick with Odin.

• Like 1

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

I didn't name Angus till he'd lived with me a few days. Angus is from ancient Scottish or Pictish god Aonhgus-Og. 

I love those ancient Northern names. I'd stay with Odin too.

Or call him any Scottish name MacDonald (Mac), Rory especially if he's a red or red brindle, Duncan, Fergus, James (Jack), Hamish ... to name a few.

Whatever name you choose or whatever its origin may be it will be the right one for you and him!

Edited by Hillscreek
  • Like 1

Thank y'all for all the input! I'm going to name him Odin, I just have to figure out the nickname I'm going between O and Bo cause Odie is too common

Edited by Odin's mama
Odie not odin
  • Like 2

I like Odin too.  I didn't like Dempsy when I first heard it, but it grew on me and it fits him. :)

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

1 hour ago, Odin's mama said:

Thank y'all for all the input! I'm going to name him Odin, I just have to figure out the nickname I'm going between O and Bo cause Odie is too common

We'll be happy to help you out with that too:

Odelicious

Odinator

Odicairnopolus

Oh, wait . . . you wanted a *shorter* name.  Never mind.  :P

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Odin's mama said:

O and Bo

Oboe it is, then :P

We'd be calling him O, no doubt. We routinely call our dogs E, D, and G. For some reason Stella is never S, occasionally Stell, and usually Stellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

If he names himself after knowing him a bit, feel comfortable rolling with that too.

• Like 2

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Just now, tlwtheq said:

As a former oboe major I applaud that one!

Actually, had a Guinea Pig named Oboe back in those days.  :)

• Like 2

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

When you have a cookie, any name will do.:whistle:

• Like 4

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Okay, I have to admit I love oboe. I think I have found the nickname that will go with Odin...Oboe!!!:P

Edited by Odin's mama
  • Like 3

Before it's over he will have several nicknames, and some of them might not be very nice. :P

I love Odin and Oboe. Honestly I think I like Oboe better.

• Like 1

I have found Ivy difficult to nickname - [Holly was Hollypop or Hollyhoney] and have used Ivydivy but then some hames go better with nicknames!

Like name Odin or Oboe though!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

20 hours ago, josie&holly said:

I have found Ivy difficult to nickname - [Holly was Hollypop or Hollyhoney] and have used Ivydivy but then some hames go better with nicknames!

Like name Odin or Oboe though!

Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey.

This makes me think of a nickname for Ivy of Little Lamzy Ivy!  Weird, don't know why that popped into my head...
  • Like 4
Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

A kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?  Used to love singing that as a pre-schooler with adoptive Mom.  She just turned 93.

• Like 2

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Okay I got him yesterday. After figuring out his personality and what he looks like I decided to name him Si

• Like 2

Ah, Uncle Si - well you can use a duck call instead of a whistle for recall training then - oh no that might not work. What if he heard a real duck one day quack quacking away?:D

• Like 1

I was testing different names and decided that he responds best to duck and it related to duck dynasty so I will be changing my screen name to duck's mama

• Like 1

I like it. But I do see a potential problem. When you want to tell Duck to duck as a flying duck is about to hit him. :whistle:

• Like 2

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF