CairnTalk

Newly adopted senior cairn terrier miserable with life - please help!

Rate this topic

mnlawrence

Poor girl. No wonder she was upset. Things should get better now. How lucky Luna is to be living with you!  

Edited by Hillscreek
Revise

Wowzy indeed.  I am sure this will make a big difference and Luna thanks you so much.  So happy that you got this done for her.  :D  Feel better Luna!

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

My mouth hurts just thinking about what four infected teeth feel like.  Thank heavens you took care of that!  Once her mouth has healed and she's off the antibiotics I bet you'll see a whole new side to Luna. 

Oh I bet Luna is gonna feel like a different dog soon. So wonderful she's finally in a home getting proper care. Those teeth couldn't have made it easy for her to feel comfortable, with or without all the life changes. 

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

• 1 year later...

I know this is late, but literally everything you're talking about, took place in my previous dog. She wouldn't eat, to the point she starved, she would tug on her leash, to the point it got difficult to walk my other dog and her simultaneously . it was sad to see, she was dying a slow and painful death. And we couldn't do anything to prevent it. All she would drink is water, to stay hydrate. Her bones we're very weak, you can tell from holding her. We tried are best, to make sure she could live in comfort in her last momenst with us. Which was difficult because the other carin terrier, who was her companion was very active. I think her death, effected him too. He's still active and playful but he also lays around a lot. And he definitely sleeps a lot more. I've had him since ,I was a kid in 4th grade, I am now an 22 year old adult . I cherish every moment, with my dog, as if it could be his last.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Those teeth must've been super painful!  First I'd give her time to see how loss of those teeth affects her eating and other behaviors. 

She's used to being one of a pair.  Would you consider adopting a second dog?