CairnTalk

When Peonies Attack!

Sam I Am

Ahhhhh yes Rosie, yet again you show your nasty, vicious side. Bred from ancestors that were called "Die Hard", never shying away from a badger, fox or foe, you come to a screaming halt in my kitchen, growling and barking. A very dangerous Peony is standing in a vase ready to pounce on you, spreading its evil petals, while dousing you in a strange yet intoxicating perfume.

Rosie here,

Really Mum? You question my protective abilities! Humppfff, just because I might look sweet and act like a big softy, under this black coat beats the heart of a lion. Besides, you never know what that flower is really up too! I have seen them in the garden.... they are tough. What dog can stand being constantly  attacked  by bees !  Someone has to protect this home and hearth! Obviously you dont... you bring these smelly things into the house and you even feed them!

Thank you Rosie. Love you to death even if you are kind of goofy.:wub:

Edited by Terrier lover
  • Like 8

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Hiya Rosie! Lola here. I feel for ya. My mummy sometimes gets those dumb flowers and if I go for a sniff while she is 'arranging' them, it's "Noooo, Lola." "Don't touch those, Lola."  Then - get this - she even talks to her dumb little plants that have painful sticks all over them! She's lucky she keeps them up high or I'd do to them what I did to some of the raspberry plants a few years ago - attack!! :D  I don't like bees, either!  I tried to eat one once and Mummy picked me clear off the ground. I was mad. My little legs were going every which way, trying to get back down.  :evil:

• Like 2

Laughing so hard here, I can hear the ruckus. Kelly does it with almost everything I bring in. My oldest son got a delivery from UPS and I sat the box on the coffee table. You would think some stranger had snuck in the house. Lol

These little protectors. Imagine that big bad peony (my grandmother called them pineys ) planting itself in a vase in the kitchen what is this world coming too???? :P

Edited by Lynn in TN
  • Like 1

Loki here.  I just wanted to say I like flowers, especially roses.  The first year I lived with Walker Woman we used to walk by a house that had a bunch of rose bushes out front.  I liked to look at them and smell them, then bite them off and give them a death shake (it spread the petals around nicely).   Walker Woman said it was a good thing we walk early in the morning, I guess she wanted my handiwork to be a surprise to the homeowners.   We haven't been by that house in a while...not quite sure why.

• Like 2

Who rescued whom?

:lol:

Thank heavens neither Buffy nor Ziggy have any fear of/aggression toward flowers.  My entire back yard is pretty much covered in them.  Balloons, however, are a different story - Ziggy attacks them; Buffy is scared to death of them.

• Like 1

Hi Rosie - your cousin Oban here. I understand about those flowers - you gotta watch out for them. Mom has a patio at the back of her garden, and she tries to grow "cutting flowers" there. One is called a "Mary gold." Apparently these must scare mom because sometimes she just plucks one off the plant quick and throws it at me. I of course do my job just as though that Mary gold was a little mouse or chipmunk - I give it a few quick shakes to kill it, and I scatter its parts across the patio. Mom has been so pleased by my efforts to protect her that she once made a little movie of this. 

I would have her post it here, as I have not yet figured out how to do that. But Mom is in Ireland now, wherever that is. Apparently they discriminate against dogs there so she left me at home. However she did hire me a servant who is feeding me and walking me and even arranging play dates with my new puppy neighbor Hamish, who has long chewy spaniel ears. I am not missing her much at all but I bet she is missing me! Anyway  I will ask her to post the video when she returns. I am definitely the star of that show.

• Like 3

I saw this topic again and couldn't help but think of those old, black & white sci-fi flicks from the 60's.  "Attack of the Killer Shrews" was one of my faves.  "When Peonies Attack" could have well been a movie in the same genre.:P

• Like 1

"I guess she wanted my handiwork to be a surprise to the homeowners."

"However, she did hire me a servant..."

OMG I nearly choked on an almond! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler

Edited by Autumn & Lola
(There's no soiled alert above, just me and my long nails one-fingering it on my Kindle. I can't make it go away.)
  • Like 1

Idaho Cairns

Flowers?  Flowers?   You have to teach your Cairns to stop and smell the roses, peonies, or whatever exists.  Little Bonnie and Sammie have the right idea on how to deal with all that floral stuff.
And while I'm at this sweet topic, those of you with e-mail address for both Lynn and Autumn, please use your influence to urge them to reconsider their recent actions relative to their associating with all of us--in their frustration they have forgotten how valuable their contributions have been over the years here.  It is more than just satisfying their idea of right and wrong, it is also an abandonment of friends who have enjoyed their company and insights.

Stopping to smell the flowers.JPG

• Like 9