CairnTalk

Weekend in Peak District UK

josie&holly

Jus had a lovely three days with my niece and Ivy [of course] in Castleton, Peak District UK.  The weather was gorgeous, sunny and warm.  So had some nice walks. And we stayed in a lovely dog friendly bed and breakfast place.  Ivy behaved beautifully and did not bounce on people or dogs.

My niece took this photo of Ivy greeting another dog we met  

26445985134_bf2d74bf4b.jpgIMG_0356 by Josephine Dunster, on Flickr

and a pretty little waterfall that we saw on a walk by Ladybower Reservoir[where they practiced Dambuster raids] and where Ivy decided we had to wait for Kim to take the photos as otherwise part of pack was missing! 26447862183_93691fcc2b.jpgIMG_0355 by Josephine Dunster, on Flickr

and a worn out Cairn [taken by me]

27018368816_f52cbf7214.jpgIMG_0352 by Josephine Dunster, on Flickr

Edited by josie&holly
  • Like 7

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Gorgeous pics!  Looks/sounds like a great time was had by all. I'm glad Ivy was on her best behavior (of course she would be)! :)

The Peak District is very lovely, there is is the southern part with gentler hills and then the area round Castleton known as the dark peak.  Castleton is the home of the Blue John Mine and others which I visited many years ago on a school trip but we did not go in them now.  The pubs serve good food and are dog friendly, at one Ivy got given a dog biscuit!  Sunday morning we went to Edale which  where the Pennine Way starts and saw all the "proper" walkers going off from the car park on their day hikes.  We just had a amble round the village and stopped in a cafe for a pot of tea!  

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk