CairnTalk

One Scoop or Two?

Dempsy's Mom

Oh my what a lovely face!:wub:

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Idaho Cairns

I love this, Elsie is neat and considerate, doesn't try to take the whole thing!  I know it is awful but we share our ice cream cones with our girls too--willingly and without fear, eating from the same cones as the dogs.  I know, I know but, truth is, I've lived a long and healthy life sharing bites with dogs!!!!

• Like 7

That's how I feel too Idaho.  Some would shiver at the thought of sharing the same licks - but I haven't died yet.

• Like 3

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

I don't mind sharing bites with dogs, either, and saw the cutest scene last year at the coast, of a young couple sharing their cones with their three dogs, who were all polite and took turns. :D

This topic  reminds me of something my dad once said (who is not a big dog-lover).  Years ago, during a visit to my parents' house, I was preparing Mandy's dinner. I chopped up some veg, and added a tablespoon of wet food to her kibble, and mixed it all in. I did this on the kitchen counter (naturally), using my parents' utensils (we had travel bowls for Mandy).

My dad asked, "Are you using OUR spoon?" 

"Of course." 

"For a DOG?" 

Exasperated, I said, "Dad, it's not dog SH**, it's dog FOOD!"  Lordy!

• Like 3