CairnTalk

Elsie's day planting corn

Dempsy's Mom

Finished with corn now on to soybeans.  Elsie seems to think she needs to come along.  Dempsy gets mad and pouts, but he has to hold down the home front.

• Like 7

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Loved it.  Elsie is quite the little starlet!  I particularly like the pics of her and the turtle.

Hard work for all no doubt. Elsie is enjoying a good stretch after helping  out. She truly is a farm dog.:P Dempsy sounds like he prefers his home over a bumpy tractor ride. I kind of get that.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

What was she rolling in there? When Oban does that, I am always worried he is picking up a stink...

• Like 1

Elsie loves to roll in dirt, but yes earlier she did manage to find a well rotted remains of a skunk and yes it was immediately drop and wiggle.  Luckily there wasn't much stink left, but enough to piss Dempsy off when Elsie got home and showed off her new light perfume.  Dempsy thinks that Elsie gets favorites cuz' she's a girl.  :P

• Like 4

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Great video, I love that rolling around. Echo (14) does that when she gets into bed a night, before she snorts or sneezes one last time and settles down.

One of my favorite earthdog memories is of a very experienced exhibitor who was also an experienced judge and dachshund field trial person. Her dogs were *always* very good performers. 

In Senior the dog is put down on a scent trail ("rat urine tea" sprayed from a bottle) starting 20 feet away from the den entrance, then it  has 90 seconds to find their way into the tunnel, navigate the tunnel, find the quarry, and commence a-working.

The handler put her dog down at the start, the dog took two steps along the scent line and then spent the entire 90 seconds rolling on her back all over that scent line. Well that was $20 down the drain!

Dogs are special :P 

• Like 6

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club