CairnTalk

Look what mummy made me!

Autumn & Lola

Lola here!  Look what my mummy made for me! It's just for me. Mummy said it is as crooked as my hind leg and 'wonky', but I like it! Don't be too hard on mummy. It is her first crochet project.

IMG_1814.JPG

• Like 8

Mum has good taste in colors. :) And Nikki agrees. Blankets are a dog's best friend (or at least once they get past the chewing and digging stage...) 

• Like 2

Your mummy did a great job and I think the colors contrast very well with your white coat!  You just need to muss it into a nice nest for naps.:)

• Like 4

It's OK but those tiny crochet holes need work. I can show Lola how to enlarge them......Angus

• Like 3

From someone that is totally domestically challenged (me) I am very impressed. Love the colours and o love Lola's hairstyle. How do you keep her so white?

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

2 hours ago, sanford said:

What is it?

Isn't it obvious?  It's a coronation robe. :P

It's Autumn's first attempt at crocheting a blanket.  Yes, it's a little crooked and may not be perfect but, hey, it's Lola's blanket and she likes it.  Perfection doesn't matter to a terrier.  ;)

• Like 3

Lola looks very happy with her blanket, though Ivy would tel her to gives it a few chews round the edges to make it perfect!

Though I thought you might have done it in yellow and blue since the Tour de Yorkshire cycle race went through your town!  [those are the Tour colours!]

• Like 1

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

10 hours ago, sanford said:

What is it?

Oh dear. Bwaaa!

11 hours ago, hheldorfer said:

Your mummy did a great job and I think the colors contrast very well with your white coat!  You just need to muss it into a nice nest for naps.:)

Thank you. I did muss it up later, getting it just right for my nap. :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Terrier lover said:

From someone that is totally domestically challenged (me) I am very impressed. Love the colours and o love Lola's hairstyle. How do you keep her so white?

Thank you. Mummy said my coat is only so white when I have a haircut. When my coat gets long I rock more of an off-off-white look. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, josie&holly said:

Lola looks very happy with her blanket, though Ivy would tel her to gives it a few chews round the edges to make it perfect!

Though I thought you might have done it in yellow and blue since the Tour de Yorkshire cycle race went through your town!  [those are the Tour colours!]

The only thing I chew is my Teddy and my Lamb Chop. Mummy saw the cyclists on Saturday on the way home from town - they went right down the Pontefract-Knottingley Road.

• Like 1

wow, you know what that means? mummy loves you. or, she is tired of brushing dog hair off the sofa. or both!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Autumn & Lola said:

Oh dear. Bwaaa!

17 hours ago, sanford said:

What is it?

Dear Lola,

I apologize for my rude comment... I always look at the pix first, then get around to reading the descriptions later. In hindsight I'm realizing that the rhomboid-ish(?) shape of the creation was due to the cameras perspective, but I was puzzled by it and guessed that your Mom got an early start on the first panel of a Christmas tree skirt! (Oops... I hope I just didn't make things worse)!

My compliments to your Mom. You are one lucky pooch to have such a talented, adoring Mom.

P.S. You look gorgeous Lola... I don't think the queen of England herself, ever had a whiter pooch!

• Like 3

FEAR THE CAIRN!

3 minutes ago, sanford said:

In hindsight I'm realizing that the rhomboid-ish(?) shape of the creation was due to the cameras perspective, but I was puzzled by it and guessed that your Mom got an early start on the first panel of a Christmas tree skirt! (Oops... I hope I just didn't make things worse)!

My compliments to your Mom. You are one lucky pooch to have such a talented, adoring Mom.

P.S. You look gorgeous Lola... I don't think the queen of England herself, ever had a whiter pooch!

Lola here. Thank you!  But..errrmmm... that *is* the *blanket's* shape, not the camera angle. :D:D:D  Daddy said she invented a new shape - square-ish, and it did very much look like a skirt when Daddy wrapped it around his waist. :D

• Like 5

Let's just keep with one of the above comments....it's a coronation cape.:king:

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie