CairnTalk

Piper Puppy

Flatpick

You can tell just by looking at that sparkling face that she is a 100% typical cairn. You'll soon feel ten years younger (or ten years older ) with her to keep you busy! Looks like a great start for all of you. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Welcome, Piper!  OMG she is cuteness personified!  You may want to pick up a pair of heavy welding gloves or grilling gloves as defense against the dreaded "flying puppy needle teeth".  It's sort of hard to correct the biting behavior when you're afraid to get your hand near her mouth.  :P

Thanks for posting the pic and please continue entertaining us with pics, videos and stories!

• Like 1

I think behind that darling face she is thinking, "Exactly how big do I have to grow before I can completely take over this world?"

If she gets to be too much for you - send her to me!

Congrats.

• Like 2

we just experienced what being a Cairn Terrier=Terra=Earth dog is all about.  It finally stopped raining long enough to go explore the yard.  EVERYthing was a new experience with the roughest, toughest terrain in the yard being the most FUN. dig, sniff, bite, taste, run, tumble, chew.  she loves using old weed clumps for toys, tearing them apart and throwing them around.  soooo much FUN! giggles galore.  It's funny how much you can laugh at such antics!

Thanks for all the fine compliments and words of wisdom!

steve

• Like 4

Piper looks like a charmer.  If you like seeing her experience new things take her out when it is snowing (on one of those rare occasions that you get snow out there on the coast).   Just be prepared for cuteness overload.

Who rescued whom?

15 hours ago, utgaard said:

...If you like seeing her experience new things take her out when it is snowing...

Send Piper to me...we have 2 feet of snow today in NYC! Should have 30" by the end of the day. Ruffy loves the snow and we jumped and slogged our way through the drifts this A.M.

?Piper would love, love, love this!?

• Like 3

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Oh my goodness, she looks like the best, most fun type of Cairn trouble! Can't wait to watch her grow up. Thank you for sharing the picture and the update! Congrats on the new addition! 

I adopted Addie when she was 11 1/2 weeks and I was 26 years and there were months I felt like I was pushing 90 by the end of day . . . and I wouldn't change it for the world. It's great having a rough and tumble, ready for anything pup who is also portable. 

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

it's amazing how quickly they show growth. in 5 days she's changed a bunch already!  0430 isn't THAT early to get up, is it?  FWIW- potty training is a piece of cake. Just take her outside once an hour from 0500-2200 and once at 0100 and once at 0300. this morning 3 poops before 1000!  fun fun...

earthdog.thumb.jpg.5c890c1450df8081aef4f

• Like 7

Piper's ears look like they are ready to spring upright in approx. 1 minute! When they do, be sure to send us an "after" photo to compare with her "before" photos above!

• Like 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Piper sure is keeping you busy. It will be worth it pretty soon. She will get the hang of what is going on and start doing it by herself. Thanks for the picture.

actually today she went to the door and sure enough "potty success"!  she has just figured out that the outside world is potty time AND usually rewards in a short walk/ explore around the yard.  so exciting to see them grow into the real world so quickly.  I'm impressed with her sharpness for under 8 weeks!

steve

• Like 4