CairnTalk

I felt bad. He was so polite.

Hillscreek

Hillscreek... You get a "Time-Out!":lol:. Now go stand in the corner!

I hope you apologized to Angus,:oops: asked his forgiveness and gave him a special treat!:wub:

• Like 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Can you imagine what he was thinking when you shut his door?  Looking through the bars at his little blankie.   Wondering what he did wrong to deserve such a cruel cold environment.  But then he finally found a way to communicate and even through it took a couple attempts - "By George You Got It!"  Better luck tonight Angus.   

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Angus Rosie here,

you would think being such a smart boy (and may I say extremely handsome :wub::wub:) that you haven't learned the VULCAN MIND MELD . It works really well with my mum. I just send a telepathic message from another room, and watch her get antsy, get up and bid my needs and wants. ....:vampire::vampire:

I will send you one right this very moment !

• Like 3

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Angus, 

You can not let that stand.

When I was unhappy with the circumstances of my crate (namely that my dumdum mom thought it acceptable to close the door like I was some sort of criminal) I taught her very clearly about who was in charge and what was expected from her: I peed in my crate! Every night! Until she got it through her thick skull that I am not baby and get to sleep wherever I please.

Enough being polite. You are a Cairn! You have to be firm and clear with your upright about what is okay. Be very vocal and very consistent with expressing your needs, and she will get it.  

You can always come to mine, too. I have a big bed with a heated blanket and I'm happy to kick mommy off of it to share it with you. I kick her off it when she takes up too much space, I'd much rather kick her off it for Angus cuddles. 

• Like 2

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

These little dogs are so sweet. Angus you are a very sweet and polite boy. Good job!

I'm really glad you figured out what was wrong with Angus.

I myself wish they could talk. I would love to know what goes on in their minds. Then sometimes I think maybe I don't want to know what they're thinking. hehe

Oh what a good boy you are Angus!  You didn't want to disturb you mom but did so in the most subtle way.  Hmm, I wonder if Maisie would have been this polite.  She's a lot like Angus is in the daytime, barks and barks and then stares at me as if I know what it is she wants.  Glad it all worked out in the end.