CairnTalk

Vote for Tanner :)

beccadiane374

If anyone is willing to, please go vote for Tanner.  He's in a costume contest at his Doggie Daycare & every like on his Facebook picture counts as a vote!  The link is below.  He is a TY Beanie Baby this year & his poem reads: "Tanner is a super guy, sweet & friendly, scruffy & spry.  Doggie Daycare is his favorite spot!  He loves everyone there a lot"  We appreciate it!  I went ahead & included a picture for those of you who don't have Facebook,just so you can see his cute self!

www.facebook.com/MurphyAnimalHospital/photos/a.698028816895092.1073741833.175996169098362/1037894362908534/?type=3&theater

post-4074-0-08039000-1446232055_thumb.jp

• Like 5
Becky & Tanner

I don't use facebook either. If I did I would surely vote for Tanner. He is cute doggy.

Edited by Malcolm's Dad
  • Like 1

Well geesh people get with the current century will ya. Sassy has a facebook account and she voted..... :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

So cute.  I think I voted - is there an actual vote button or is it just a like?  Not good at this.

Like is the correct choice.

• Like 1

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

...get with the current century will ya. Sassy has a facebook account and she voted..... :thumbsup:

Hope this is not off-topic...

I had Facebook for awhile and my mailbox became inundated with what seemed like hundreds of alerts, telling me that people I never heard of, and friends of those people, were trying to contact me. :chat:   It was extremely annoying, having to constantly delete, in order to keep these from piling up. :nono:

In some cases, I clicked on the names and the messages turned out to be very boring, mundane details of the sender's daily life. :confused:  If not for this, I would join FB. 

Was I doing something wrong, or is FB only for the lonely? :confused1:

• Like 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

FB is more or less in the category of Necessary Evil for me. I use it as little as possible and reluctantly therefore am not adept in its ways, but I do know that if you wade into the settings section you can turn off notifications for most things, which should eliminate the email barrage. When you first tried it the default was probably to send notifications for practically everything. I think the defaults have toned down somewhat these days, and more options are available to tweak settings. 

Here's a page I found with a quick google: How do I adjust what I get notifications about?

• Like 2

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Thank you for all the votes!  Tanner came in 3rd, which means 3 month supply of flea/tick prevention and since we have a high occurrence of ticks, it's a necessary evil!  We both appreciate it!!

P.S. - The trick to getting Tanner to sit still for a picture is to place a treat on top of my phone while taking the picture, combined with the "stay" command (which he only obeys if there's food involved.....)!   -_-

• Like 2
Becky & Tanner

Congratulations! As I mentioned before, I'm not on FB, but I voted for Tanner in my heart, and 3rd place is nothing to sneeze at!

P.S. Thanks bradl for the Facebook info. I bookmarked the page for future reference if and when I decide to return to FB. You aptly categorized it as a necessary evil, and I'll just wait a bit longer before I cave, and rejoin the swarming masses! 

• Like 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

:offtopic: Sandford, forty minutes on facebook was enough for me. Overloaded with often pointless info - even from  friends that I did care about. Can't be bothered fiddling with all the multiple options. :confused:  Gone back to emailing.

Since I was alive in the days when one wrote and mailed actual physical letters I can live without second to second updates on folks lives! 

oops, must stop. Should blog if I want to go on about it ......but I don't.

To each their own :thumbsup:

Edited by Hillscreek
  • Like 2

...get with the current century will ya. Sassy has a facebook account and she voted..... :thumbsup:

Hope this is not off-topic...

I had Facebook for awhile and my mailbox became inundated with what seemed like hundreds of alerts, telling me that people I never heard of, and friends of those people, were trying to contact me. :chat:   It was extremely annoying, having to constantly delete, in order to keep these from piling up. :nono:

In some cases, I clicked on the names and the messages turned out to be very boring, mundane details of the sender's daily life. :confused:  If not for this, I would join FB. 

Was I doing something wrong, or is FB only for the lonely? :confused1:

I have never joined FB because I have seen how it sucks up all my friends' time, so count me in the non-Facebook club, Sanford!

As for Tanner, he is gorgeous!  Congrats on your 3rd place finish!

• Like 2