CairnTalk

Lions and tigers and...teacup poodles? Oh my!

sanford

Yes, Ruffy was attacked...by a teacup poodle! I offer the description of this episode as comic relief for some of the serious attacks that have been reported here in the past...

Ruffy was marching along with a giant hairy, black spider perched on his back in our local Doggy Halloween Parade last weekend and l had hoped to get some pix to post here, but an "attack" poodle side-lined us:

As we mingled with the throng of ballerina dogs, bumblebee dogs, hot dog dogs, etc., a very small, very angry teacup poodle suddenly jumped out of his owner's bag and onto Ruffy in a frenzy of biting and snarling. Being a true cairn, Ruffy reacted predictably and brought the parade to a shocked stand-still with his high decibel, fangs-bared counter-attack. The nasty little teacup landed some bites, but didn't break Ruffy's skin and it was all I could do to keep Ruffy from chomping the little poodle like a potato chip, until the owner collected her wits and finally scooped up her dog. Disaster averted!

Bottom line - During this whole fiasco, as I frantically tried to separate the blur of fur and fangs, I could also see how surreal this all looked - a dog with a giant, black hairy spider on his back, fighting with a tiny, crazed lunatic poodle!

Me, Ruffy, and the giant spider were a little the worse for wear, so we headed for home and will try for some photos next year!

P.S. Could it have been the spider that set the poodle off? Dunno!

• Like 9

FEAR THE CAIRN!

I think you summed it up with one phrase - "teacup poodle suddenly jumped out his owner's bag".

Poor RUffy and you!  Glad it turned out well, but sorry to not see pictures of Ruffy and the spider.

Very funny - well funny since everything turned out all right.

Ruffy with spider on his back funny to begin with, never mind attack teeny poodle :twisted:

I'd have been terrified if there with Angus. You were brave. 

Oh, my . . . I have to admit it's hilarious to picture the incident - because we know neither dog was injured.  Glad to hear that Ruffy stood up for himself and (loudly) introduced himself to the crowd.  :lol: Anybody there who had never heard the Cairn Death Screech before will certainly never forget it!

Teacup poodles can be extremely hyperactive and annoying and Buffy doesn't like them either.  Buffy says she is proud that Ruffy put the poodle back in its place.

• Like 2

I'm sure teacup mama must have had a few bad moments but it is funny to think of the genteel crowd of observers getting a first dose of full-on cairn defense frenzy. Maybe they turned and stumbled home in a daze. Some of them might have come mostly for the cookies and kool-aid. Sometimes a person can just see too much.

• Like 3

Yes, pk...Teacup mama was concerned and upset, which is why, even though I was angry that her pooch attacked Ruffy, I didn't give her a hard time - Plus the comic aspect of this farce

Edited by sanford
  • Like 5

FEAR THE CAIRN!

I keep picturing poor poodle thinking it spotted an animated toy without realizing it came with a real live, indignant cairn underneath it!  [sniggers, lots]  Good show Ruffy; putting the presumptuous little beast in it's place.

• Like 1

Wow! Glad neither dog was hurt. That was an exciting day for you but not in a pleasant way. Don't give a Cairn a hard time or you will get a hard time right back.

OMG that's terrible - terribly funny that is! Sooo glad nobody was hurt. Oh I can't imagine the spectacle! What a shame you couldn't get pics of him in his costume! :(

I can just picture the headline, 'NEW CROSSBREED, SPAIRN, STOPS LOCAL PARADE WITH DEATH SCREECH!'

Edited by Autumn & Lola