CairnTalk

Oh, that's so cute!

Dempsy's Mom

Getting the pickup loaded up for a trip to my daughters.  Since we didn't get out gator ride in this morning I thought I would let Demps and Els out while I loaded some tools in the pickup.  Almost right away they disappeared.  I saw Dempsy by this long irrigation pipe and saw the butt of Elsie go in the pipe.  I thought "Oh, that's so cute." - I will wait for Elsie to chase that gopher out the other end.  As I was bent over peering down the pipe I heard Elsie at the other end.  She was backing out. ...... and then, once again, I smelt it.  Crap - that darn old skunk again.  Elsie got it and Dempsy didn't.  Back for my mixture of peroxide, baking soda and soap. 3x's

Came to the house and got the gun.  Jim wondered what I was doing and I asked him to shake that pipe.  He did.  Nothing happened.  Then he was walking away and here the skunk came out of the end - we yelled and he ran back in.  I shot down the pipe. nothing.  Then I kicked the pipe again and he came running out fully armed.  Wow!  The whole side of the shop was wet I didn't know they had that much ammo.  Sadly to say that was the end of Mr. Skunk. 

As for Elsie, she is still outside drying off.  I am going to finish my packing and she may be riding in the back in a cage.  I don't know what else to do with her at this point.  The solution seemed to work better this time - maybe she didn't get hit so bad - I won't know till she dries off a bit.  Won't my daughter love to see us. :)  Here we are!

• Like 5

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Got back - good trip.  That concoction is amazing.  Elsie road in the pickup cab and it was good.  There was just a slight smell on her bean and since she was in the tube I suppose her bean took the brunt of it.  Jenny was amazed that Elsie was sprayed by a skunk that morning.  Dogs are happy to be home. Busy two days.

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori