CairnTalk

Sassy and the killer crow

remltr

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, well I have neither. :)

The other night Sassy was on the balcony. I heard some noise out there. I stepped out to see what was happening. Sassy was sitting and looking up at the roof line. (This is the part where a picture would greatly help), the look on her face was...I don't know how to describe it (this is where I don't have the thousand words).

She looked like one of my old girl friends who was really really mad at me. No words, just the sucked in cheeks and lips that I knew I was in trouble, big trouble. I have never seen any other animal look like that. I didn't know they could do that. It stunned me.

So I look up to see what she is looking at. There is a crow sitting on the gutter. The crow spits something out and it lands with a clunk on the deck inches from Sassy. I look down and it is a roofing nail. I look back up and the crow takes off and Sassy is doing her grrrrr thing and skittering around.

Every time she has seen a crow since she is in growl and chase mode. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

For the want of a picture....

Edited by remltr
  • Like 6

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Apparently, crows actually give gifts to people and animals they like. Maybe Sassy was interpreting flirtation as aggression. Or she just figured Mr. Crow better realize she deserves more than a nail.

http://thewildlife.wbur.org/2015/03/12/the-secrets-of-gift-giving-crows/

• Like 4

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

I don't know that there is any going back now, a women scorned....

• Like 2

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Here's my take on the situation:  Sassy is a smart girl.  She knows the crow *could* have swooped down and stolen a nice chunk of steak from somebody's grill and delivered it to her.  Instead, Mr. Crow brings her a lousy nail.  Wouldn't *you* be a little miffed? :P

• Like 3

Poor Miss Sassy!  She's right to be incensed at those crows!  The bit about the nail is really interesting....what was the crow thinking?

• Like 1

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Good story.  I agree - that crow must of  heard that phrase used some where.  "I was so mad I could of spit nails."  Poor Sassy was under fire - I would of been mad too Sassy. :)  Give those crows something to crow about.

• Like 2

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Account Deleted

Sounds like Sassy has something to crow about....okay, sorry; but it had to be said :redflag:

Edited by moggie
  • Like 3

Eep! I don't blame Sassy. I would not want to have a near miss with a flying nail. Crows can figure out how to make tools so I imagine it's not a far stretch for them to make weapons either. Gives new meaning to getting dive bombed. Her face would have priceless to see though. I've never seen that expression on a dog before.

• Like 1