CairnTalk

Pepper's Earthdog Test on Saturday, May 23 on Whidbey Island

Pepper Bug's Mom

Well....Pepper provided the MOST entertainment of the senior earthdog test on Saturday afternoon May 23, 2015 on Whidbey Island.  Ha Ha.  I should have listened to one of the owners when they said as they take the lead off their dog, they are standing up and facing toward the entrance. (Hmmmm) Pepper was choking and gasping and jumping all the way down to the orange flag.  I manage to get her to calm down a bit and gave her the "tunnel" command hoping she would catch that rat scent.  Out she flew and then proceeded to mark her spot by the entrance, run up to the judge and then roll over on her back and wiggle and jiggle (the rat wrangler was covering his face in amusement).  The judge managed to shoo her away and then she ran over and decided she needed to poop!  Good grief!!!  By this time, time was up and I was told to give her the command tunnel one more time.  I said "Pepper, Tunnel!" and quick as a bunny she ran in the entrance and found the rats.  Then she barked and whined and scratched for about 15 seconds, gave up and ran out the false entrance.  Oh man!!!  When I recalled her she did come and when I told her to "sit" she sat like a champ!!!  I think she should have got a prize for sitting on command!!! ha ha! I have NEVER witnessed her leave the rats once she has found them.  I don't know if the rats were taking a siesta or what - I guess not enough movement on their part to keep Pepper focused.  Oh well - up to Langley, BC next Saturday for another run at senior (she does her senior title up there).

• Like 4

Pepper's Mom

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hey, sometimes Cairns have more important things to do than listen to silly commands and bark at rats!  Good luck next weekend!

• Like 1