CairnTalk

Dog company

Dempsy's Mom

Yes curious also...are you moooooooing with the cows?

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Well.  I had Jim ask Seth to pick up Daisy's dog poo where I tie up Demps and Els once in a while.  Seemed ok - Seth picked it up and pretended that he didn't know what area I tied the dogs.  "Seth.  Do you see the ties in the grass?  They are anchored with a stake at the end - it would be that diameter that you would need to watch for Daisy's poos."  Then I left for the cities for a graduation - I was gone 3 days.  I arrived home later in the evening last night and I needed to unpack some stuff so I tied Demps and Els out on their leashes while I unpacked.  There were two big piles of dog poo that I noticed while leashing them.  Unloaded - I had a couple more huge dog dishes inside the entryway.  "Ok", I told myself, "You are tired. Just go to bed."  So I got everybody settled and I did retire for the evening.  Daisy was not around and Seth and Jim weren't home yet.

Woke this morning.  Took Demps and Els out as usual and when I opened the door to the entry I pushed a big pile of dog poo with the door.  I let Daisy out along with Demps and Elsie.  I left Daisy out and did not clean up the poo.  Seth was still sleeping.  When Jim woke up I informed him that Daisy took a :censored: in the entry (I was not to pleasant) and I got the impression that she had done it before, while I was gone.  I did not ask.  Told Jim that Seth needed to clean it up and the piles where I tie Demps and Elsie too.  It was done and Seth apologized for the mess and I accepted his apology.  Seth kept Daisy in the shop all day while he was out working.  I did not realize this till later in the afternoon.  Felt bad for Daisy so Jim and I let her come along on a crop tour.  She was happy.  Jim and Seth are both gone now.  Daisy is in the entry and sleeping right behind me.  She snores worse than Elsie!!  She's sleeping on a pillow I gave her.

The rest of the family are showing up on the 18th.  The 18th?!  Just arriving on the 18th of June!  I did not realize that most of my summer is going to be sucked up with family.  .... I am going to bed .... again.

PS - We were close to where you live Kathryn - thought about you.  Wild weekend, but if I would of had a minute I would of gave you a buzz and dropped by to meet Oban.

Edited by Dempsy's Mom

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

We were here, Lori - and I would have loved seeing you. Stop by when you can. Oban loves other dogs, by the way, so bring Demps and Elsie!

• Like 1

Sounds like Daisy needs a better home and more attention.  She obviously likes being with you!!!

Pepper's Mom

Tonight we have thunder.  Daisy doesn't care for that.  She has grease down one side of her. ? Left her out in the shop - I am betting that he will bring her in.  The grease won't hurt much if she stays in the entry.  I am hanging in there but it is a bit draining.  Dempsy is running around the house barking at the thunder, Elsie is trying to take a nap and Kitty is pouncing on poor Elsie.  Elsie just gave Kitty a piece of her mind.  ... I am going to bake cookies and grill some chicken wings and pineapple ... and again, go to bed early.

• Like 4

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

I am going to bake cookies and grill some chicken wings and pineapple ...

Sassy and I will be right over. Sassy will eat the chicken wings (mind deboning them before we get there?) and I will eat the pineapple. We'll even do the dishes. Sassy will wash them (you can guess how) and I will dry. We aren't free loaders, we earn our keep. :D :D :D :D

• Like 1

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

I am going to bake cookies and grill some chicken wings and pineapple ...

Sassy and I will be right over. Sassy will eat the chicken wings (mind deboning them before we get there?) and I will eat the pineapple. We'll even do the dishes. Sassy will wash them (you can guess how) and I will dry. We aren't free loaders, we earn our keep. :D :D :D :D

Buffy and I will be there for the cookies.   :D

We will bring the maple syrup and haggis!:)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

I will bring high quality dog treats and a high quality bottle of wine - heck, maybe a couple of bottles of wine.

Haha - that sounds wonderful!  You guys know how to lift my spirits. :)

• Like 2

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

What do you think?  Is our company comfortable?  Dempsy is snoozin' in the cage next to Daisy. :)post-4719-0-29610200-1433900695_thumb.jp 

Not quite like having Digger back, but there is a close resemblance.

Edited by Dempsy's Mom
  • Like 8

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

You are one strong lady, in fact; you have the makings of a warrior.  All the work you do around the farm/ranch and then opening up your home to family and pets for a month, and now having everyone over for a party, you are the best!   :magic:

Edited by LindaMC
  • Like 3

We will see.  The rest of the family arrive tomorrow! :)  I have been given baby sitting duty for Daisy as Seth travels to pick up the rest of the family from the airport and then spends the night in a hotel before returning.  I am gathering my strength.  Positive thoughts. Time will fly.  Make it fun.  Remember the kids are making a memory and that is a priority.  Keep their memory at the top and your needs will just have to bend ... and bend again if necessary.  Grace and gratitude.    :innocent:

Ok .... here it goes.

Edited by Dempsy's Mom
  • Like 3

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

AND Lori...remember there is always the cow shed! :)

• Like 1

Ms. Terrier Lover...I assume you mean the "Cow shed" for everyone else and not Lori.  :D Although,

not sure the cows deserve that kind of treatment either!

• Like 3

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Today is the day the rest of the tribe is coming.  Last night I took Daisy out for a poo and she did a great big one - I was happy.  This morning I awoke to another great big poo in the entry - I was mad.  But I am hoping that the rest of the family can take over Daisy now.  I was busy trying to do some last minute details.  The morning was going fairly well - a little hectic - Dempsy and Elsie were by my side.  The hired man came to spray weeds with the gator.  I changed oil on it quick and filled it with gas - he loaded it with chemical and took off.  I never gave it a thought.  About a half hour after he left I was looking for Elsie.  I continued looking for Elsie for the rest of the morning.  I was worried that she followed DuWayne in the gator.  I hollered and honked horns and went all around the farm - I traveled DuWayne's path.  It was horrible.  There was nothing more I could do but wait.  Finally shortly after noon I looked out the window and their she was covered in mud.  I was so happy to see her.  I am taking her up to the tub now.  I am exhausted.

• Like 3

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

She got scolded - she got her bath and now she is sitting looking up at dad as he eats a BLT.  So nice to have her back. :)  We did our morning check on the cows.  Then they followed me around a bit and then I put them on the leash, but then I felt sorry for them and thought I could let them roam a bit more because I was about ready to go back inside and take them with me.  I got distracted with the hired man and getting the gator in order.  Elsie was sitting over by the patio just as content as could be and by the time I was ready to go back in she disappeared.  Will I ever learn not to trust a terrier?

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

If opportunity knocks a terrier will open the door - especially if it is a cairn terrier.

V. glad Elsie safe even if muddy!

• 2 weeks later...

Well.  God works in mysterious ways.  Juliet's step dad had a heart attack so they are leaving in the morning for home.  I think they are going to do a bypass or two on him.

It has been a hard week and a half.  The first few day and night were fine because everything was new to the kids.  We went to the zoo - movie - out to eat ... but farm work can only be put off so long - so when the fun n' games came to an end the kids got bored and I think Juliet did too.  It seemed that Juliet had a hearing problem.  There were a couple of times when the kids and her went shopping or whatever that I asked her to give me a call if they were going to be here for lunch.  No call.  They just showed up.  Got through it. But it was when Daisy was muddy, wet and stunk that I asked her if Daisy could stay outside till she dried off and was cleaned up.  It was like she didn't hear me again.  I left to go rake some hay came back and Daisy was in the house and there were muddy paw prints through the kitchen and into the living room.  Really?  I put Daisy outside and asked Sandra, the little girl, if Daisy could stay outside for awhile - but soon Daisy was back in the entry.  I did not make it an issue but I was not happy.  

Juliet attempted to help but it is an effort for her.  She wiped off the kitchen table and my salt shaker went crashing to the floor.  I really liked that set.  Glued it back together, it's ok.  So I really don't know how much longer I could of held out.  I am sorry that Juliet's step dad is having a time of it, but I am glad they are leaving in the morning.  Dempsy loved having them here.  Elsie - not so much.  We will be spending another week with them in mid-July.  I will sleep good tonight.   

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori