CairnTalk

Hello, again. So fun getting caught up!

tomatosandwich

I haven't found my way here in forever.  I finally remembered how to get logged in, and I'm pleased to see names and puppy faces I remember!  I'm not sure if you remember me and Divot, but we remember you guys!  We missed the card swap this holiday season, and we missed all the cute Cairn cards to brighten the season.

I look forward to getting back in touch with everyone. 

• Like 1

We sure do remember you!  Your choice of login name is a riot!  Life happens...sometimes we stay away.

You're back and that's good.

Love to you and Divot!

Tara and the family

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Ditto here!

I might have lost Jock but I can't bring myself to lose my Cairn family!

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Of course we remember you and Divot!  (It's one of the cutest names I have ever heard for a Cairn. :) )  How are you and the little devil these days?  Happen to have any new pics of Divot to share?

• Like 1

And speaking of missing in action also...hello

Malcolm's Dad!

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Nice to hear from you again.  What's Divot been up to after all this time?  You must have a story or two.

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Thanks for the warm welcome back!  

My kids tell me all the time that I love Divot more than I love them.  I say he's on equal footing, but they're not buying it.  Maybe it's the way he gets a morning massage every day while I coo in his ear?  Or maybe it's because couch seat arrangements are determined by where he wants to sit?  

Divot has been up to playing with his best friend--a girl boxer of all the dogs in the world!  She towers over him, but he adores her.  Other dogs he can take or leave, but this dog, it's true romance.

He has learned to do many tricks:  the basic commands, along with high five, roll over, shake, sit like a gopher, crawl on his belly, and sneeze on command (my personal favorite!).  If you're eating anything he likes the smell of now, the fake sneezes begin!  The kids are working on teaching him to ride a skate board this spring.  I'm a little doubtful, for as soon as he's outside, the smells in the earth call him far more than any skateboard!  But we'll see.

He has been my faithful walking companion.  We both love walking our Metropark trails for a couple of miles most days.  However, he still acts at first like his leash and harness are out to kill him?!  As soon as they are on, the fully body wiggles and waiting by the door commence, though.

Yep, life with a Cairn!  I do have new pictures, but not on this computer.  I'll have to sort through and pick a couple to post soon!

• Like 6

Ditto here!

I might have lost Jock but I can't bring myself to lose my Cairn family!

Oh no!  I'm so sorry for you loss!  No need to lose any more of your Cairn family!  Big hugs to you!

• Like 1

I've been thinking of you and Divot a lot lately, It is about tomato season and I've started craving a homegrown tomato sandwich and I thought about you and Divot and was wondering what happened to you? So glad to see you back.  :lol:

• Like 1