CairnTalk

Cairn Jobs

Hillscreek

I just updated Angus's location on the map page where I saw that Sassy is an air traffic controller at sea-tac.

I know that Dempsey is a farm manager in South Dakota

Today Angus told me he qualifies as game warden here in Northern PA. He's been so busy moving along the migrating ducks, checking turkeys all together in a field designated by him, and controlling the burgeoning field mouse/ vole population. 

Naturally all cairns are docs and nurses by default.

So what other jobs do our cairns do?

• Like 2

Jocks big job in his world was making sure that nobody came into the house or for that matter into the yard if not invited. A better alarm system there wasn't. No internet failure effected his job! Once he knew you were one of the good people, he turned into the house greeter.

• Like 3

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Game warden is a good position for a Cairn.  Angus is obviously a rural game warden, whereas Buffy is an urban game warden and concentrates her efforts on squirrels, rabbits and (unfortunately) skunks.

• Like 2

Idaho Cairns

Sammi is our "Tomboy" who spends and expends herself running around like a canine Betty Hutton giving off an "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better" attitude.  Little Bonnie only needs a fainting couch to make her life perfect as the ultimate "Drama Queen" who chirps, huffs, snarles, dives behind the couch, or growls if anything counters her idea of "The Way Things MUST Be"!
No two dog personalities are more different--one is "Let 'er Rip" and the other is "Tsk Tsk, Could You Peons Manage an Ever So Slight Bow in My Direction?"
Jobs?  Sammi--Glad Handing Dowager Politician.   Bonnie--Princess.

• Like 3

Stella is the proximity alarm system supervisor. 

Granger has assumed responsibility for deck inspection and varmint detection.

Dundee has the somewhat stressful job of crisis intervention, rushing from sofa to screen in order to break up televised fights be they physical, verbal or emotional. 

Echo is retired.

• Like 3

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

It's likely that Tanner is a secret agent with the Food & Drug Administration - as anything that enters our mouths undergoes very keen observation....  :)

• Like 1
Becky & Tanner

I never gave Jock a title but head of Security would have been his title. Rosie is, well Rosie is...mmmm probably in charge of bed hogging!

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Wait a minute . . . You said Sassy is an air traffic controller???  Yikes!

United 5 heavy maintain flight level 23, report any cats that you see. Continental 414 where again was that rabbit? Got it!! Vectoring Air Force A-10 Cairndogs to that position now.

• Like 3

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Official Wrestlmania Referee. At the dog run, whenever a group of large dogs starts playing, lunging, tumbling, barking, play-growling, Ruffy dashes right up to them, furiously circling and barking, managing to keep with in an inch of the blur of teeth and claws. :o  As he dodges in, out and around the melee, but never joining in, it looks for sure like he's checking to see that nobody makes any illegal contact. It always gets a laugh from the spectators! :lol:

• Like 3

FEAR THE CAIRN!

If I may include a non-Cairn in the group . . .

Ziggy is a lab technician.  He *thoroughly* sniffs *everything* in our neighborhood and completes an exhaustive analysis of the critter that left the scent, classifying them in the canine, feline, human or "woodland creature" category.  Occasionally he has to call Buffy in for a consultation but more often than not he completes his analysis and celebrates by kicking dirt in the air with his hind legs.  (Guess it's like an end zone touchdown dance.)

Olie:  Chief Heralder at the front door with a squeal of at least 90 decibels

Teddy:  Chief curmudgeon at large

Sweet Pea: Chief cuddle girl with a specialty in vivid dreaming

Edited by tlwtheq

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

I got to this post late, but obviously Packy is a professional fisherman. Kirby is Chief of Security, always on watch for squirrels, peacocks, geese, ducks, chipmunks, possums, and other intruders.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

• 2 weeks later...