CairnTalk

69 Today

Dempsy's Mom

post-4719-0-38935400-1427750201_thumb.jp

Broke out the pool.  Dempsy thinks it's so hot, but Elsie thinks he's nuts. This may be the earliest we have ever gotten the pool out. We need rain like crazy - dry.

• Like 4

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Idaho Cairns

I'm thinking we are going to be parched in this neck of the woods as well.  It is the warmest and most dry winter I have experienced here in the forty five years I have lived in Southeast Idaho.  Streams are all running full with the melt off of what little snow the mountains received and the reserviors are full but once the irrigation starts that water is going to disappear fast. 

It's a bit scary.  We have a creek in back of the barn that usual runs like crazy when the snow melts ... this year it is dry. The wind has been really whipping it up this week.  Some farmers are buying a higher coverage on the crop insurance in anticipation of a dry year.  But as long as I keep a little water in Dempsy's and Elsie's pool they will be happy.  If only I could do that for the crops.

PS - Just love hearing your thoughts again Idaho. :)

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

:confused1:   I thought this was going to be a birthday topic. 

That was my first thought too! But then I was scratching my head -- 69 isn't divisible by dog years…

Gavin's just getting used having access to his outside water bowl - it had ice on it again this weekend. Can't wait until it's warm enough to get the hose out -- he's going to go crazy!!

• Like 1

This has been the longest coldest late spring in northern PA for many years . Not all the winter snow is melted yet . It got to a warm sunny 40 yesterday but snow is forecast for tomorrow. It will be late planting season for sure.

Weather all over seems topst turvy.

topsy on the west coast and turvy on the east coast.

Boston has more snow on the ground than the Cascade mountains in Washington state.

• Like 1

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

We had a crazy March here in Florida.  Last week of February, we had a killing frost, then it went very high into the upper 80's until this weekend.  Then we had normal March weather - lows in 40's - high's mid 70's.  It's also usually very windy in March and we did not get that.

Murphy was really happy with the cooler temperatures.  I think he's nuts!

I think Alberta might be in for a low moisture issue. When I went skiing in Jasper (the Rockies) the town site had absolutely no snow on the ground.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Not a drop here.  Wind blew like crazy again.  The clouds looked nice and dark to the east of us.  Tomorrow they are forecasting more wind.  Heard they had a fire going over by Sioux Falls, SD.  When it's this dry and you're planting wheat and hit a rock, just the spark can start a fire. 

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

83 here yesterday, with a strong wind. Oban loves the wind - must be all the fast-moving odors. Me - not do much.

But lovely thunderstorms last night - a good much-needed rain.

Snow here ..again! Yesterday a 20 degree drop in the weather within hours. The Canada geese are standing on icy ponds. Slowly warming up to a blistering 6 degrees Celsius tomorrow. Lordy we need to move

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

50 F here this morning and for the first time a softness in the air.

Maybe Spring is on the way. Better be because the whitetail does are about to give birth to those adorable specked babies. 

Angus can run by the lake edge without ice tempting him out to danger.

Maybe I can put my snow boots away and get my mud boots out!

• Like 1

Watch out for those does with their adorable speckled fawns! Our urban deer regard every dog as a predator wolf, even a cute lil Cairn. Gus and I have been charged more than once by a mama deer.

(Big debate re culling the urban deer here. Right now we are culling by car accident. Not really working.)

Reporting in from Mass - we have had all the snow and rain for everyone. Actually 31 here today with snow flurries. But will be 60 tomorrow. Welcome to New England.

• Like 3

Linda & Pegi

All the drought in the west is very concerning.  These days where I work (I'm a NOAA contractor) we address climate

issues a lot, with a slew of BIG DATA.   It's quite fascinating,  That being said, I hope everyone's OK.

Glad Demps and Elsie got in a dip.  :)

• Like 1

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg