Cool, Dreary, Wet Day

Dempsy's Mom

This is so sweet! Is Dempsey sulking somewhere?

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

They really are the bestest of girl friends.  Dempsy, being the man, is stretched out on the couch.

Edited by Dempsy's Mom
  • Like 2

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

So glad those two found each other. And found you!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Both of my girls are laying around today and the same yesterday as the weather here has been very foggy and damp.  Our yard looks like a swamp, it's horrible and every time they ask to go out, I cringe because of all the mud, water and snow out there, which of course they love to play and roll around in...... :o  I hate to be an old stick in the mud (no pun intended), but I try to keep them in the house as much as possible or take them on long walks rather than let them out in the yard.

Idaho Cairns

Well, hate to bring this up with those of you "dark and drearies" but our weather has been superb for a month with only a couple of exceptions.  Today it was in the 70's, both patio doors were open and the dogs could abuse the squirrels with impunity--no human door man necessary. 
I will have to say the picture bears no resemblance to my reality--I cannot imagine my dogs laying with a cat--in an old fashioned and traditional way, cats are mortal enemies around here--there will be no laying about snoozing with one of those critters.

• Like 2

Chuck! So good to hear from you. Many of us are thinking about you and your family and hope that spring brings new hope and joy. Let's have some videos of the girls! Show the rest of us what joy these Cairns are.

• Like 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Idaho Cairns

How's about a typical grab and smash in the living room pre-Christmas?  Of course the girls find the Holiday ads in the newspaper the ideal medium for the chaos they like to bring to these things.  Interestingly, these bouts always seem to end when one or the other sneezes--not sure why but it is some kind of a signal for the play to halt.  Notice Bonnie, even with the size disadvantage keeps pushing on.  I've never had a breed of dog that play spar as much as these Cairns--one of the most endearing if rough qualities to these little dandies.

• Like 5

Great to see Sammi and Bonnie again. Certainly true that size doesn't mean anything when a cairn gets going!

• Like 1

Notice Bonnie, even with the size disadvantage keeps pushing on.  I've never had a breed of dog that play spar as much as these Cairns--one of the most endearing if rough qualities to these little dandies.

Just returned from the dog park with Ruffy and read your email with film clip of Bonnie and Sammi. 

As per your description of play sparring in spite of a size disadvantage, true to form, Ruffy picked on a large Ridgeback showing it no mercy...endlessly chasing, barking, growling and "attacking" the poor critter. For a short while Ruffy briefly turned his attention to a 150 lb Great Dane, :o  but thankfully lost interest and went back to tormenting the Ridgeback... :lol:

Edited by sanford
  • Like 5

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Good to "see" you and the girls Chuck.  I hope you and your family are doing well.  Think of you and your wife often.

• Like 1

Idaho Cairns

We are doing ok, it was a difficult year as you might imagine and most of those difficulties still exist and will exist forever but we push on with some "bad days" but overall we try to live as we did before the accident.  Patience, patience, patience is the key I think.
I have learned to really admire Fran and her determination to take on life as normal as much as she can despite thinking about what might have/should have been. 
I do appreciate the kind thoughts and expressions and know she would as well. 

• Like 4