CairnTalk

Controlling poo walks

Dempsy's Mom

We have been having some great spring like weather.  When this happens I always try to keep poo walks on the grass and away from mud puddles.  The smell in the air is stimulating, fresh and fun. 

This morning I barely got the door open when Demps and Elsie bolted through and made a mad dash to the shelterbelt, their favorite poo spot.  Elsie was already across the yard, but Dempsy was just hitting the gravel when I yelled, "Demps!  I am not sure that is frozen enough to where....."  "SPLAT." ...  and water spatters up from both sides of his sweet little paws that are moving just as fast as he can make them go.  Mud is now on tummies as well.

So much for saving mom time this morning.  We continued our walk, through puddles and grass.  It was a nice peaceful morning and they loved their poo walk.  Returning to the house - sink baths for both dogs.  It didn't take that long to rinse the mud off and towel dry.  Small price to pay for a little morning fun. :) 

• Like 5

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Just part and parcel of owning hairy fur kids!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Sounds like a typical Cairn-filled day on the farm. :)

Same situation here:  We've had warmer temps the past few days and the mountains of snow are melting a bit.  On our walk this morning we had to go through several slushy spots where the dogs' bellies got splattered.  I swear they need mudflaps behind their paws!

• Like 2

Maybe that's something we all could invent together and go on Shark Tank.  A little plastic sticky film that we could put on our dogs to keep the mud off the bellies and the fine gritty dirt from sitting in our drain pipes.  Look out Mr. Wonderful!

• Like 2

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

When it gets muddy around here, I keep a plastic dish pan of water and a few old towels in the back hall. Dog is let in, dunked and dried before moving further into the house! Works well for me...

• Like 2

Keira does her potty time in the back yard(in one space) thank you, but then rolls in all the dead grass and trackes in tinto the hours. Get out the vac every stinking time.

Yes Brad... And a crew of mice armed with little towels to dry off the undercarriage areas that the "air blades" missed!

Edited by sanford
  • Like 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!