CairnTalk

We've Been Away--

jimnconnie

Good heavens, it has been forever since we heard news of Bailey and Sophie!  It's great to know everyone is well and happy.  Glad to have you back!

Welcome back! I wasn't around the last time you were here, but I'm exited to get to know Sophie and Bailey!

I have an almost 4 year-old Cairn named Addie. She's my first, but will not be my last!

Addie says she's always excited to see red brindles like her, even if they're getting blonder! And Sophie's color is gorgeous!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

I have been there too.  Sometimes there just isn't enough time.  Love reading your update.  Glad all of you are doing well - Welcome Back! :)

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Always great for us newbies to meet the old timers.

Hillscreek - You have been with us quite a while!  I wouldn't call you a newbie.  (Mainly because I don't want to be an "old-timer". :crybaby: )

• Like 1

It's only been three years about this month for us Helene but since Angus and I are big talkers it may seem longer !! Blab blab blab, and  woof woof woof.

Loved your comment about checking the yard for skunks - our last dog got nailed once, and that was more than enough.  I have a super LED flashlight that I flash around our backyard before Miss Pegi goes out at night.  See a skunk several times a year.  Don't want to repeat that experience!

Linda & Pegi

Nice to meet you!

My 10 yr old Nikki is a clear red boy with a red base coat and blonde outer coat. He's stayed the same general color since he was two.    He gives me the sour stare every time the stripping comb tugs on a tangle. He gets up and leaves if I dare persist in grooming for the sake of grooming and not just giving his highness a royal scratch and massage. Haha. It's easier for me to trim his legs, tail, chest, and face than it is to brush an exasperated cairn wiggle worm.  

Indeed, skunks show up at inopportune times, don't they? I had a baby skunk that liked to come into the backyard around four pm every afternoon for a snack of birdseed and a nap. Cute little thing. He napped in the same spot every afternoon for about a month before he stopped showing up.  I saw him a few years later as a full grown adult in the neighbor's yard. He never caused any problems but I still flip on the lights before I open the door. I had three and half acres of woodlands around the back and sides of the house, so deer are a daily sight.

Edited by Lupinegirl

Welcome back!  Wasn't around the last time your were here but glad to meet you this time.  Your Cairns are beautiful.  My Cairn's name is Maisie and she just turned 2 years old on January 22nd.  She's black and silver but lately I'm seeing a lot more silver in her coat and that's fine with me. She is my first Cairn and hopefully won't be my last.  I'm also owned by a 2.5 year old German Shepherd named Tess.  They both keep me on my toes.

Looking forward to hearing more about Bailey and Sophie.

Glad to see that we are not the only ones that have been away for a while....

So glad that you are still here... I surely missed the Christmas card exchange...

We are starting the new year so far with the right foot and paws...

Tomorrow Napoleon goes to have his teeth cleaned... please pray for him so that everything goes well.

He is now 9. but just as adorable as when he first came to live with us at 8 weeks!!

We'll keep fingers & paws crossed for Napi. Let us know how everything goes.

Edited by jimnconnie
  • Like 1

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg