CairnTalk

CRCTC Grooming Clinic

bradl

For those in the Northwest looking to learn more about Cairn grooming, the CRCTC is hosting a grooming clinic in March.  I'm just a club member so no official connection to this other than helping get the word out: Grooming Clinic - Battleground WA.

It's been a long time (2006) since we did one of these. The last one was well attended and very helpful. While sweeping up at the end of the day I built a "Hair Terrier" on the floor:

post-3-0-50274300-1421459087_thumb.jpg

And sure enough a dog promptly came along and did what dogs do :lol:

post-3-0-02839600-1421459087_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

ROFL- too funny!

I was so excited to see the email about the grooming workshop this morning. Lily & I were feeling rather overwhelmed after observing at the show this past wkend. We'll definitely need to borrow some supplies but do plan on being there. Fury could probably make her own hair terrier! :-/

• Like 1

4028510218614917s.jpg

skyscot.jpg

Just had to post this. Cairn pup recently came to live in Scotland with a UK forum member. She could have been a model for your hair sculpture Brad. Luckily no visitors to wake her up

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Lily had a great time! Unfortunately my hubs had to step in last minute for me (darn hip injury is going to be the death of me) but it sounded like he enjoyed himself and they both learned a lot. Lily also said there were many people eager to help her learn, even on a go forward basis, which is just awesome! Now I just need to download what they learned. Hope there are pics from the event. ☺️

• Like 1

4028510218614917s.jpg

So glad Lily (and her kennel assistant :P ) found the day worthwhile. Peggy and I only stayed half the day but I had a few blurry photos on my phone. I know there were other photos taken and once I nag club members to add them to the clinic album on the club site I'll link them back here. Hope you recover quickly!

post-3-0-82205100-1426451330_thumb.jpg post-3-0-38676600-1426451331_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-79726700-1426451331_thumb.jpg post-3-0-20997800-1426451332_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-63247500-1426451332_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support

• 2 weeks later...

I was only there until lunch (all our dogs were already stripped to their undercoats) so we were just there for support and to eat lunch :-)

Next club meeting I'll ask if anyone took any video.  Not really a good substitute but just for fun here's a time-lapse video I made one summer day: coat rolled, ears, feet and nails, etc.