CairnTalk

Cairn recommended as Watchdog!

josie&holly

Jock wasnt only an amazing 5 star alarm but he actually wouldnt let a strange person open our back yard gate.

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

For Ruffy, ditto to all of the above.

(Just so you know… We had a Golden Retriever in the family that would meet you at the front door, gently take your sleeve in his mouth and lead you upstairs to the bedroom}! :wub: … Yes, there really is a whole other world of canines somewhere out there! :mellow:

P.S. At the top of this page, Josie and Holly's article from the Examiner is excellent, leading off as it does with the Cairn Terrier in the window as #1 Watchdog!

Edited by sanford
  • Like 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

cairns are wonderful watchdogs. if what you are watching for is leaves blowing across the yard, a squirrel in a tree, your neighbor coming home from work, a deer walking though the woods at 3AM. the best.

• Like 2

lcaldero505.jpg Dog Breeds 101: Which breeds make the best watchdogs?

Cairn Terrier at the window (photo by lcaldero505)

Edited by bradl
giving the article and the Cairn some extra link-love
  • Like 5

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

A couple of years ago two houses across the street and one next to ours were burglarized, but we weren't touched. When Loki started barking I would look out to see what he was barking at.  He barked at birds, cats, squirrels, rain drops, wind, and once I heard the gate around the corner of the garage bang shut.  I will tolerate his barking, even if he does occasionally try to fight the wind.

Who rescued whom?

Tanner often notices changes before I do - if the neighbors cut down a tree, get a new vehicle, etc.  

Hot air balloons & airplanes that leave white puffs of smoke behind them warrant higher levels of alert.  And I've yet to convince him the trash man is NOT stealing our things, we WANT him to take that stuff.....

We have a window that the blinds are pulled up a few feet simply so he can sit and look out.  It's lovely to come home at night and see that cute face watching for me!

Edited by beccadiane374
  • Like 3
Becky & Tanner